Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wedding Reception

Over the span of the last two year my months filled up with lot's wedding receptions to attend. Sometimes I wonder if my boss thinks I'm just lie-ing to get a day off! Hah! What a joke, my memory box is full of wedding invitations and so with the New year it kicked off with yet ANOTHER wedding reception to attend to. Now, don't get me wrong...I LOVE going to wedding receptions. Yep, LOVE IT! I guess you could say I'm kinda like that girl from 27 dresses who actually "likes" going to them. As for me being a bridesmaid, the count is up to four. Four dresses in a spare closet LOL. At least I caught the bouquet at the last one! Any who, so last night-- Friday, I again took the day off and went to a friend of mine-- whom I've known all through my YW years at church--wedding reception. I went with Kristy, Amber, my Aunt Carolyn, and of course baby Levi.


The reception was at the beautiful Carnegie Hotel and it's simply stunning with all the dark woods in the Ballroom with giant pillars. The Men's lounge which was right off the side door, was where the buffet was at. The whole hotel is done in the style of the titanic ballroom. Loved it! The brides family did a wonderful job because everything was lovely. The food was great. The company was terrific. And best of all...the bathrooms in which we all thought was just super LOL We all took turns going to the bathroom where each stall had its own private door and when you washed your hands, you received a towel instead of a napkin! I think we can safely say we gave the bathroom 5 stars!


Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures with the Bride & Groom! Between us three girls getting a kick out of discussing the wedding-ness of it all and slightly maybe gossiping...Ok probably that was all ME BUT we had a great time and I did mange to avoid the dreaded bouquet toss by hiding behind a large pillar--true story--.

5 Lovely FeedBack:

The Larsen's said...

Tierra, Who got married?

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

I am glad you had a good time. I would have to agree with you on the bathrooms....aren't they FAB?? My work has a party there for us every year. It's a big to do.

You are so funny....with the "thoughts" I love Levi's. hee,hee

Ann Marie said...

Beautiful cakes!
Glad you had fun with the friends..
Silly girl.. Don't hide from the bouquet.. Catch it!!

Heather said...

You are so funny. I love how you gave everyone something to say in the first photo. What a beautiful reception. I love the cakes. They were just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You these things, I have read twice, for me, this is a relatively rare phenomenon!
Personalized Signature:常州麻将,常州三打一,常州攻主,常州斗地主,常州4人升级