Monday, January 19, 2009

Lady, What's in that Bag?!

When I was little I used to LOVE going through my mom's, aunt's, grandmother's, purses! It's called being a snoop. You know we've all been there, being little sitting in church bored out of our minds! So what did you do? Snoop through whom ever purse you could find! That's for sure what I did. Now a days I have refrained from the purse snooping...Well... at least not in church sacrament anymore SOOoOoooOoo as I was cleaning out my purse this weekend it just hit me *ZAP* like a lightning bolt that you my dear faithful readers must be DIEING to know what's in Tierra's infamous purse. Well, I tell ya dear readers your wait is over. That's right, I'm opening it up and am letting you see it all. In dept and Personal. Consider this MTV Cribs, Purse Style.

" A Woman's Life support machine {also known as her purse} Contains Magic"
-Travis Casey

Okay, over all this is what I ALWAYS have with me. From left to right we have {doing my best Vanna White tour} umbrella, gloves, array of lotions & hand sanitizers, two sharpie pens, sunglasses, keys, damask notebook, month calendar, IPOD, makeup bag bag, cellphone, work badge, wallet, cds, pink bag of emergency hygiene necessities {MUST}. There. That's not so bad is it? Don't answer that!!!

Right now, meet my two best friends. Gloves and my umbrella. with the weather around here...Heavens above you don't know what will be when you step outside. Rain. Snow. Rain/Snow combo. AWFUUULLLL!!!!

Okay, really... must you Tierra have two hand sanitizers and two lotions??? Well....Geezzz here's the thing...When you work at a hospital, your constantly putting the hand gel on! Purell for everyday, Bath & Body works {exotic coconut} for fancy-ness. As for the lotions, the blue in front is the new bottle I just got from my cuz Alexa for Christmas. It's WONNNDEErrrrFFUUULLL Ladies! It's Breathe Citrus Mint! Thank You ALEXA!!!! The tall one in the back is the always fave. Mango coconut.

"It's just a bag, But we feel absolutely naked in public without it"
-Carrie From Sex in the City


Remember Jennifer Lopez from The Wedding Planner? And remember her bag of tricks for any emergency? Well, that's sorta what this bag is. I cannot stand to be anywhere and think that I might not have something i might need. Maybe OCD-ness but trust me...people thank me when there around me and I say "Sure I have one :)" Leah, I can just here you laughing at this one but here goes...We have Mini Lysol. Tell me you could not use this any where and I would walk away from you becuz you would probably be very germy. Ewww. Toothbrush/ Paste, comes VERY in handy. This one's for Mary...Tide to Go stick :) and Shout out wipes! Q-tips, Kleenex, Clorox wipes, Alieve, hairbands, bobby pins! On the final thought...Remember people I work in a hospital and germs 24/7!

Doesn't this just scream me?!?!?! All grocery lists, remember list, to-do lists, planning list, pretty much anything LIST Worthy goes in my damask notebook. Plus the ever handy calendar...which reminds me..Mary has a birthday coming up!!!


The basic makeup bag. That is if I'm lucky to remember to put my powder and blush in it...this is all I carry. The basics in make-up ness....Powder, blush, brushes, mascara, eye liner, lip glosses & lipstick, perfume roller, & my favorite prized compact that Mary gave me for my 18th birthday.


"The inside of Women's purses, or handbags as the English like to call them, is a place not for the faint hearted. It's a place of great wonderment and intrigue. "
-Scott Abbott


At the end of our tour, last but not least...Not at all...the ever stunning sunglasses and my best, best friend..the IPOD. Need I say more?


There you have it. Have I satisfied your snooping appetite? If your like me, probably not but we've reached the end of the road. Mary dear {aka sisterinlaw snooper}, I know your reading this so let me just warn you that if you do not comment on this one and further ones here after you wont be getting your birthday gift. You are being warned my number one snooper.

This can also be a tag and so me being the top notch snooper that I am... I'm tagging these lovely ladies as following.

Leah. Ann. Megan. Monica. Carrie. Natalie. Heather.

You may choose to not to do this but I warn you as well. V-Day is coming up and if you would like a card from yours truly...OPEN UP YOUR BAGS!!! Hahahahahahah Plus if I did not tag you it does not mean I don't love you...If you would like to do it but was not mentioned, consider yourself tagged. I'm Out!!! And Your it!

12 Lovely FeedBack:

Alice Faye said...

I hate carrying a purse but what woman can do without one. My daughter Amy made fun of my purse until she needed some nail clippers one day. Guess who had them?? I actually carry a little purse to put my wallet and keys in when I go shopping because the big one gives me body aches if I have to carry it. I have to admit though, yours is much bigger.

Anonymous said...

What about the things you stick up your nose? Did you forget that or do you no longer carry them? I talked to Jessi yesterday. Call Me

Ann Marie said...

Tierra.. (aka Mary Poppins)
I thought I had alot... Oh dear..
I just want to peek into the future at what your bag will look like when you have children.. :)

Fun tag.. I will do it. I want a cute Valentine card from Tierra!
Hope your having a good day!

Anonymous said...

So um yeah secretly. Confession: I do love to snoop but haven't in like 15 years. It just always amazes me to see what people cant do without. On behalf of all us Snoopers thanks Tierra.

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Oh wow, you are certainly prepared. I have a small purse I carry with just my wallet, keys and phone when I'm out sans children. When I have the children with me, I'm always toting a diaper bag, especially with an infant. I don't carry as much as I used to because I have a diaper bag that matches my stroller and car seat and it's not as big as the one I used when the older boys were small. I'm sacrificing the space for the fashion coordination. It just gives me a little thrill to see it beside the stroller or carseat...lol. I know, motherhood does strange things to people.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Love everything! You have SOOOOO much stuff in your purse!

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

Wow!! it doesn't look big enough to hold all that! if I go on a trip you are sooo coming with me, I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting anything!!

My purse includes my checkbook, "cards of all types" a diaper and keys. Occationally it includes a kleenex, receipts and a WIC folder.... but usually just the bare necessities. I would love the whole lysol thing though, that would be awesome in the grocery store! I will have to watch for it, for now we use wet wipes.

Great post!
Debi

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

You already know what's in my Dooney =) I have resently added a giant bottle of IBuprofen...to help with my resent headaches. Oh, I would kill for a Mt. Dew right now. I guess it will be okay if you want to bring your nasty beverage of choice on saturday. I'll try not to fight you for it. Hee, hee I am getting so excited for saturday. I can't wait. What time are you coming over to help set up?? Oh, T. we are going to have so much fun. So far there will be 13 people....woohoo can't wait! can't wait! can't wait!

ps. Loved the cookie today.

Heather said...

Wow, you have a lot of stuff in that thing. Stuff that you need I might add. This was a cute post.

I stopped carrying a purse because I kept leaving it places. So now I have a little wallet and now a diaper bag. Well it's a diaper backpack. I could do that one.

Ann Marie said...

Where is a new post Lady??

Anonymous said...

OKAY AM READY FOR SOMETHING NEW ALREADY. THE WHOLE WHATS IN MY PURSE THING WAS GREAT BUT WHATS NEXT????? I MEAN REALLY I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG SPOT FOREVER NOW AND JUST NOW HAVE WORKED UP THE NERVE TO LEAVE A COMMENT,SORRY. I JUST WANTED TO SAY AND NO IAM NOT A STALKER BUT I LOVE YOUR BACKGROUNDS AND YOUR MUSIC SELECTION. HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANKS FOR LETTING ALL OF US HAVE A PEAK IN YOUR LIFE.

TLC said...

Dear Diane,

When I saw this, it put such a huge smile on my face and made me laugh! Thank You so very much for working up the nerve and leaving me a comment. Pay attention to tomorrows blog. And I promise I have much more topics to come.
Thank you again and do you not have a blog? How am I suppose to pay back the comment fave?? LOL
~Tierra