Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 You Rocked!

Tonight as I have set looking at alot of other blogs the same thing keeps repeating. A bitter sweet farewell to 2008. For me, I too am feeling such a loss for this past year--- I hate saying that. 2008 holds so many moments that have meant something to me and have shaped me as a person. Sure, no year is perfect without trials and heartache. And of course there were moments when I wished 2008 would speed on by But as I was looking back these last few days, I found myself stubbornly heartbroken to say "Happy New Year".
2008 brought so many wonderful things and I will never forget them. I will carry that year with me always. So here's a look back on why I will consider 2008 as a "You Rocked" year.

1. Of Course I will start off with Twilight. Not only is it number one in my heart BUT I truly started 2008 back in January at Books A Million flipping through the pages of a shiny black book with an apple on it trying to decided if it was worth the purchase of using up my gift card. So very very little did I know just how important that 10.97 purchase would come to be apart of my life and 2008 year. LOL I even remember saying to myself walking to my car that if I didnt like it, I would just be careful with the cover binding and bring it back! To Twilight, Edward & Bella...Your love story will always be special to me. Not mention but you took up 93 % of my attention this year LOL

2. In the spring Angelus played T-Baseball and I cried at his first game. Yes...Thats right I CRIED! Lee--his Dad-- totally made fun of me for it as I was filming that important day But my nephew who is like my own is growing up and that day as we all said the pledge of allegiance and the little tike's in baseball caps and first gloves lined up to bat...my baby was among them and I realized that life moves on when your not even watching. I was so proud!

3. In June after his Pre-K graduation we left for our first family vacation in 3 years to Florida and disney world. I experienced that being in a car for 16 hours and two men--one 41 and the other 5--totally stinks...Litterally...Not to mention I fell in love with my IPOD all over again. Upon arrival I took up permanent residence by the massive pools and soaked up all the sun I could get. And then we made the day trip to the magic kingdom where I learned that the mouse in red actually has a day set aside for gay people LOL and thanking heavenly father I didnt wear red! It was the gay pride color for the day and I shall never say FABULOUS without thinking of that day.

4. The blogging block exploded this year with lots of new friends. My daily routine is getting up and going straight to my computer to peek in on your lives and I LOVE it! So many of you have brought friendships that have helped in so many ways. Your words inspire me and I feel so loved to see those who comment and care enough to see what randomness I'm into. Plus, some of my own dear friends who are most important to me started their own blogs and it too makes me just giddy knowing I can be nosy and see what you post.

5. Music. WOW! This year music has played such a HUGE part of my everyday to day minute that my soul could not survive with out it! 2008 I learned that Coldplay rules. That Jordin Sparks actually made two songs i went OCD over. Bleeding Love made me listen. Taylor Swift rocked with everysong on her CD. One Republic gave me chills. The Fray and Augustana made me think. And then finally...a band called "the MUSE" made me take notice.

6. TV. Haha! This is so funny to write but yep it's true...I'm not a TV watcher but what I did watch this year was so darn entertaining. First AI! Best season yet! The Bachelor...oooh that British dude was so hott! Jon & Kate plus eight...you just make me ache for a family of my own and a husband to boss around! One Tree Hill...you became my TV best friend! I didnt blink or miss a step every Monday night! Halle Freakin Lujah your coming back on Monday!

7. Visiting Teachers are so important and I can say I have one of the best! Not to mention but I totally got her hooked on twilight LOL But she has a testimony and a heart so kind that each visit was more then just a monthly check up...it was a friendship that kept building.

8. Breaking Dawn. Phew! So glad that wait is over and Bella freakin MARRIED EDWARD!!!! Not to mention but Ilse Esme....oh dear...now that...was some great reading!!!Take that you team Jacob playa's...sucka's!!!!!! That day, Aug. 2nd will go down in history as a hard fought battle! It took my car breaking down, losing my voucher, crying on the side of the road, august heat, and a stupid line of 250 people to get me to my copy of breaking dawn. Not to mention but having to stand in line and listen to a team Jacob girl crying hysterically behind me because she was a afraid she wouldnt get a copy...I was like...HECK NO i'm not giving you my spot fool!

9. Turning 23. I have such a hard time of realizing I'm actually over 21! When your younger or at least for me I never gave any thought to being passed 21! That night rocked again and it truly was so special to have so many friends and family there. not to mention but all the lovely birthday comments were all read and reread!

10. What could I possibly end with my number 10 spot...I bet you think it's Twilight...NOPE
my number 10 spot goes to all the friendships that have grown this year. Some people i've know for years while others just within this year but 2008 will be remembered for getting so close to so many beautiful people.


2008 I refuse to say Goodbye.
REFUSE! So I'm going to just say see you later...why that? Because the memories you hold will be revisited in my mind always.
Thank You for being a "You Rocked" year!
2009 you have BIG steps to fill. You are forewarned!

5 Lovely FeedBack:

Heather said...

I love this post. 2008 was memorable for you. I am glad that I have gotten to know you more through blogging too and I am glad I got to see you in 2008. I glad you found Twilight and that I found it too. I so excited that Leah has found Twilight now too.

Heather said...

Oh ya, I love your memory of your nephew. You are truly his other Mom!!

Ann Marie said...

Darling post.
Darling new background.
Darling Twilight Picture.
Darling Quote.
Darling pictures.

I love everything! Glad your back posting! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!