Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prayers for Catie

Please keep a very special person in your prayers this weekend. My family and I just received some very devastating news. The Dunn family is a very special family to mine. To me personally President Dunn, the father, baptised me when I was eight and was my families home teacher for 14 years. His Wife Jackie was my seminary teacher and now my Relief Society president and there's nothing for this family that we wouldn't do or they us and now, more then ever I'm asking for prayers on there be hath. Their oldest daughter Catie who has been battling cancer over the last year and a half just received news that the cancer is back and has spread into her lungs.

Catie's story is one that is every mother and families nightmare. In early 2007 we learned that Catie was pregnant with her third child and we were all excited for the Dunn family. Shortly into her pregnancy they discovered a tumor growing in her left upper arm bone spreading further up. Needing to take action immediately, Catie and her husband were faced with the decision about the pregnancy. To Catie, there was no decision and immediately she carried the baby as far as she could till about 7 months. Then onto surgeries and round the clock chemotherapy. Happily baby Sarah was born very very tiny but progresses everyday and is now beautiful and a little over a year old. Back in November after a hard fought battle of hospital stays and radiation and chemo combined Catie was announced Cancer free. Just about a month or two ago Catie went in for a check up with the news, still all clear. Then, this week after another check up the cancer is back and now tumors are spreading in her lungs.

Let me just say this. Catie has three small children all under the age of six. A husband. A beautiful home and a life they've built together and tonight....my heart is truly heartbroken. What do you say? I know how it feels to be taken back by an unexpected course but not like this. For those on my blog who do know Catie, and your just now hearing of this news, Please keep President Dunn & his family in your thoughts and your prayers. Time is just too precious to blink and miss one second.

4 Lovely FeedBack:

{Mo} said...

Done! I will for sure send my thougths and prayers.
I can't immagine anything harder and I look up to those who go through something like that and come through stronger and stay faithful through it all.
Hugs, Monica

Ann Marie said...

We will pray for her also!
This truly breaks my heart. You can't help but think " what if this was me??" and because I have 3 under the age of 7 I really feel for her.

Just by what you have shared, she is amazing to me that she didn't terminte the pregnancy, but sacrificed her life to let a precious spirit come here.. I love her for that.
I hope that she will feel peace and comfort during this trying time. Stories like this break my heart. Please keep me updated with what happens... We'll pray.

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Oh Tierra, this just took my breath away. We only met Catie a couple of times, as she left for her mission right after we moved into the ward. The Dunns are such a wonderful family and are so close to my heart, it just breaks for them. We'll certainly continue to pray for Catie and for the whole family. I appreciate the update.

Could you send me an email with Sister Dunn's email address please? Thanks so much.

Heather said...

What an amazing women to be able to carry that child 7 mouths. What a great mother she is. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. That just breaks my heart. It really makes you focus on what is important in life.