Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas this year turned out to be better then what I expected. I’m going to get a little personal here and admit that this Christmas was really hard for us financially. And I’ll even admit that many nights were spent crying and worrying over the fact that it just wasn’t going to be the same. But, as the days got closer and still nothing new to come our way a VERY sincere and heartfelt friend offered up the best words of comfort and direction anyone had given me. I shall never forget that phone call and she knows who she is. All I can say to her is that I will Pay it Forward.

This year by the time it was Christmas eve it was about forgetting what you looked like on camera and dancing with my cousins while being filmed. Seeing the excitement in my nephew’s eyes of preparing for Santa. Waking up and realizing you came through it and that it was ok that this Christmas wasn’t as big as we would have normally done it. Not to mention but even prevailing through with NO voice!

Christmas Decor 2008
Oh Christmas Tree...My theme every year is always the traditional ruby red and greens. With lot's of family picked ornaments. Theres even a Darth Vader ornament on there along with Scarlett and Rhett, Miss Piggy, Barbie, and pink Bears! But, don't tell Angelus..Darth got moved to the back HAHA!


My mantle is always my favorite to do. So of course it's no surprise that it matches the tree colors in ruby red berries and greenery. Along with my proud nutcrackers and sliver and gold reindeer's that are over 50 yrs. old.

My mamas coffee table she would threaten anyone who would lay a drink on it!

This is my Aunt Carolyns prized Nativity Set that means alot. It always goes in the dining room.


My kitchen theme is kinda Country Christmas with Snowman.
Don't look down Megan LOL
The color theme is also different from the rest of the house of hunter greens and dark berries with Burgundy.





Christmas Eve

Sorry not alot of pictures! To busy eating yummy food and dancing!!!
To my great last nerve, this was the best picture I could get of him standing still on Christmas Eve. He looks pretty peeved with me for taking his picture. Apparently, he had other plans on his agenda LOL Notice the Edward styled hairdo...Freakin AWESOME!


Ta-DA!!! We had just finished our rockin break dancing!

Christmas Morning! Santa came and of course had a traditional Patrick Family Christmas coke.

Every Christmas Eve for our family party we buy the Coca Cola glass bottle cokes. EVERYONE looks forward to this and even dear old Santa whose been receiving them for as long as I can remember gets at least two laid out every year! He ALWAYS leaves a Christmas card! As you can tell he prefers cokes then cookies when he stops at our house!


This is my FAVORITE picture this year. Santa was EXTREMELY good to Angelus. Now, I know that alot of you will see this picture and instantly judge because I stated earlier that this was a "humble" Christmas. Let me just say that first, it's no ones business on what we hold for our loved ones on Christmas and what Santa brings BUT let's just say that Santa is GREAT friends with Angeluses parents NOT me! Besides that note, to me this picture is just magical with the lights.



This is the end of the tour of pictures! I'm sad to announce that there are Two outrageously great videos I tried and TRIED to upload but for some unknown reason they just won't! So who knows... maybe sometime in the next few months the dancing Christmas videos will pop up and brighten your day.

3 Lovely FeedBack:

Ann Marie said...

I'm so glad that you posted about Christmas. I love the decorations. The Mantle is my Favorite.

I could tell that your post was heartfelt. Many people had more of a "humble" Christmas, yet still found much joy. I'm glad yours turned out so good.

I LOVE your nephews *Edward* hair. He is going to be a heartbreaker-- I'm telling ya.
I LOVE to see pictures of you and your cousins. You are always so bright and happy in those pictures.. You can tell how much those girls mean to you.
Sad about the videos! Hope you can get them working! :)
Love ya, Ann

NutMeg said...

Tierra - your decorations are gorgeous! I loved your mantelpiece the best! The garland was beautiful, and everything looks great (even the snowmen). I hope it's OK, but I am totally stealing your glass Coke bottles for Santa. What a cute idea. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog