Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tender Mercies

First and foremost, I just want to say a very sincere Thank You to all the comments from new friends to vintaged friends. I love you all. Before I announce the winners, let me just add my 2 cents on what went down this weekend. When I first started the wheels to turn in my little head, I wanted this to be fun. NOT, to make anyone get mad or offended because I asked for comments from silent friends to silent snoopers who don't comment. As I have received comments from new commenter's, I was just overwhelmed at the sweet remarks and the thoughts of finding my blog worth reading. Thank You.

I have learned this weekend that this blog is 100% me. You can take it or leave it. If you don't want to comment for what ever reason you have but still continue to follow me, I still am so thankful for your time and viewing. Thank you for finding me worth the follow. Again, I meant NO offense to the "calling out the snoopers." There were so many, many moments this weekend where I wanted to just pull the plug and stop this whole thing. Wishing that I had never posted my last post. But, now...At the end of this Sunday day, A day that had so much meaning for me. I learned that the most important things in this life were days like today. Where going up on stage today at church and singing with my fellow sisters in Relief Society my favorite hymn. We sang "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing." My VERY, down to the heart & soul, favorite hymn. As I stood among so many women who I have the pleasure of someday sitting in heaven with after this life is over, I was over whelmed by the spirit of what this life and it's tender mercies are all about and yes, I cried. There love and voices were all around me and I Just couldn't hold the paper steady because it was truly chilling and beautiful. I shall never forget that moment of being surrounded by the sweetest and purest sound amongst the organ and piano arrangement together, to my favorite hymn. It taught me a great lesson, that life is meant to live, to learn, and to sing. Sing for the moments you have. Sing for the moments you wish for. And sing for the love that surrounds you no matter what.


"Come thou font of Every Blessing, Tune my heart to sing thy grace."


"Praise the mount; I'm fixed upon it; Mount of thy redeeming love."


"Here's my heart, O take and seal it; Seal it for thy courts Above."

10 Lovely FeedBack:

{Mo} said...

AWWW, now your going to make me cry! Isn't the whole blog thing amazing? I'm so glad I've had the chance to get to know you. You are such a sweetheart. XOXO~ Monica

Anonymous said...

Tierra,

I didn't get a chance to post a comment on your last blog, but here I am, coming out of the woodwork! :) I really do enjoy reading all about you and your life- we have a lot in common, so it's fun. It was so nice getting to see you this weekend. As someone sitting in the congregation, that rendition of "Come Thou Fount" was so moving... I also teared up because the Spirit was so strong.

Hope to see you soon!
Steph

Nicole said...

I am so sad that we were out of town and missed the song! That is one of my very favorite ones, too.

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Winner....there is a winner??? I am DYING, you've got to tell me!!!

I had so much fun this weekend. You are awesome!! Thank you for coming and helping me. I am sad Evan didn't have more time to read to us. =)

I love you girl.

ps. Not to sure which song that is??? You'll have to sing it for me next time I see you.

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

STEPHANIE LEFT A COMMENT! OH, MY GOODNESS!!!! WOW!!!! THAT JUST MADE MY DAY SO MUCH BETTER. =) TIERRA, YOU DID IT...YOU DID IT!!

*********************************

STEPHANIE, I HOPE THAT YOU DON'T STOP WITH JUST ONE COMMENT....I'D LOVE TO SEE MORE COMMENTS FROM TIME TO TIME.
HEAD ON OVER TO MY BLOG AND SAY HI SOME TIME.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

You are so amazing.
Me and my mom both love you. We talked about you while we worked out :)
I am going to email you now.

PS --> the word verification says "forks"!

Ann Marie said...

I love you Tierra.

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing such a special experience. I love tender mercies.

I am glad you want to still do your blog. I love being able to keep it touch with you. Do it for you and no one else. Plus I find your blog very enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

I like the new song.

Nancy Face said...

Um...you just made me cry. I love that hymn very much, too. So powerful.