Monday, November 24, 2008

My Long Twilight Review

Twilight Review! I feel sort of lame at writing this because I’m not a writer but just for my blog I would like to go on the record of first saying…Twilight the BOOK series has made my year. I will look back in years to come and 2008 will go down as Twilight year. A year that took me on a love story that ROCKED my world. Second I would like to just say to the critics and haters and just plain people who didn’t get it….Take that SUCKERS, Twilight sucked in $37 million opening night and $ 70 million the weekend! I have seen Twilight 3 times and before this is over that number will go up for sure. A good friend Ann summed it up very nicely when she said on the phone and her blog “BRING ON THE SEASON PASS!" I loved it! I just loved it! Edward…Edward…Edward !

Favorite Parts:
*When the movie first started and Bella’s voice came on, those whole scenes sucked me back into the book. It was magical and I knew this was going to be good. Kristen Stewart was channeling Bella like No body’s business!

*When All the Cullen’s walk in for the first time and Rosalie was all “Nobody can’t touch this” attitude..Emmett with his smile and the “this is a joke” face was right on target. Alice twirling in…Oh Alice I just love you! Jasper…Gee I felt your pain but saw your love for twirling Alice and doing what you new would make her happy.
And finally Edward….Oh holy…that smile when you heard Jessica’s thoughts and what she said…DANG!

*Conversation in the biology lab when he finally talks to her…that whole conversation gave me a BIG smile and then melted my heart when he was asking her about why she came there. Then when they were walking to her locker and the fact that they won the golden onion-HAHA! Cute! Bella’s look of being dazzled by his eye color…Yep honey…we all know…DANG!

*Conversation in the lunchroom and Edward has his hand resting on top of the buffet and leans in and gives her that crooked smile when she says they need to hangout…Oh Boy…Tierra needed a fan!

*I loved the beginning meadow scene where she’s asking him the questions and the close ups and spins around their faces…I was on the EDGE…When he starts to show her what he can do and how much strength he has…the leaning up against the rock scene…Why oh why did I not bring a fan?

*The ally scene and Edward ripping the Volvo around and giving those boys the look of..“I’m going to Rip you open and drain you” Then his rugged voice and smile through the dinner. Plus that the song in the background is the song Rob is actually singing made me very happy.



*The part where she’s lies in bed and realizes she loves him and wakes up to find him outside at his car…another DANG moment. But Tierra’s favorite smile part…. he looked so sexy in those sunglasses and helps her out of the car when they arrive at school and his smile is so …“Oh yeah…I got the girl” OOoooH Man I loved that scene and the lines when he said he was going to hell



*Jumping down from her truck and casually fixes her dent and leans back against the truck…awe! SO smooth… Telling her he’s taking her to meet his family. Then Billy black just had to show up and ruin the moment.

*Meeting the family and Esmes gorgeous look. Emmett’s “Her name is Bella” like DUH!! And waving a knife in the background LOL Rosalie-- major props to Nickie Reed and bringing out Rosalie. That whole scene was another where Tierra was just grinning from ear to ear. Edwards face expressions through that whole scene….Oooh so freakin loved it!

*Baseball. WOW! It captured the scenes from the book 100% with Alice pitching her leg coming up like a ballet dancer..Totally Alice! That whole scene just captured the family and when Esme is squatting down when Carlisle is up to bat like…"My Man" LOVED it. The line where Rosalie looks at Emmett and says “My Monkey Man” LOL LOVED that line! And then Emmett’s “Babe…it’s just a game!” I loved every part of that scene and wished it was longer but it pretty much held up to the time frame in the book.

*Then came the part where my heart just twisted in pain for Edward and Bella when they have to leave each other and he leans into the car and holds her face so tender and says “you are my life now” Oh Edward….
Bella was played so well by Kristen Stewart and I truly saw the emotion in her face on being apart from Edward and answering his phone call just like from the book.

*Ballet scene. Funny thing..I Knew what was going to happen but I was still so tense and nervous in my seat.
I loved the flashbacks when Edward was trying to stop. So endearing.



****I also forgot to mention that the scene in the bedroom….Holy holy the kiss scene. To short for me but the parts of them staying up and talking and her falling asleep were so sweet. Kristen Stewart you need to just fall for Rob because it would make me happy knowing he really could be with you.



****Prom. It was so special to watch..like peeking in on a very private moment. The song that was played in the background. FAVORITE song and it fit the moment perfect! I’ve talked a lot about Edward and his smile and his DANG sexy moments but really I thought everyone did a great job. This was a tough order to fill. The lines though yes cheesy at times. But, Kristen and Rob had fantastic chemistry. No wonder poor Rob has a crush. They did a great job considering a world of girls watching them to bring Bella & Edward to life. Kristen truly became Bella for me and for that I give HUGE claps to her. That whole prom scene was just breath taking to see come to life and the way he looks at her and the emotion she felt when telling him this is what she chooses …. It's a good thing I know what happens or this wait for New Moon would be worse.


Well, I could tell you the flaws but all I kept telling myself and really preparing myself was that A. It was not going to be as good as the book. You just couldn’t touch that. B. It was a low budget film. And C. nothing is ever perfect. So I’m not going too. Twilight means too much and I’m just grateful for summit bringing it to view for my eyes and letting those emotions out there. So you can bet I’m more then ready for New Moon…Bring it ON!

6 Lovely FeedBack:

Miss Megan said...

You are hilarious! I guess if I had seen it 3 times I would have remembered all that stuff too! I guess I need to go again and catch all the details I missed the first time around...

Ann Marie said...

Just seeing the pictures makes me want to get a babysitter right now at 9:39 am, and head on over to the theater. L.O.V.E. IT!!!!!!!

Your words are my thoughts as well, and of course I have many other favorite parts as well.

Love your new twilight thing on the sidebar.. So want to get me one too! We'll see!!!
Love ya.

{Mo} said...

You are so cute Tierra~ I love that you love Twilight so much. I trully loved the movie, but I can't decide if I want to go back with my hubby or not? I'm not sure he'd "get" it and that may just ruin it? You know?
Monica

Kathy Finch said...

Tierra I so have something to mail to you --- PLEASE Send me your address. Love you. kathrynmfinch@hotmail.com

Heather said...

Amen sister! You did a great review. I got to relive the movie through your words. Thanks because I can't go to the movies all the time. I will just go back an read your post.

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Tierra, we should definitely go. I've been wanting to go again. Call me and let me know when you can go. You reminded me of some of the parts I'd forgotten. I need to do a post of favorite lines from the movie like I did from the book. I missed the "I might as well do it thoroughly" in the "as long as I'm going to hell" line, but I LOVED it when she said everyone is staring and he said "Not that guy. No,he just looked!" LOL
Definitely call me! We're staying in town after all.