Saturday, March 28, 2009

Funk?


Have you ever been in a funk? Well, I am! My thoughts...church tomorrow. What to wear? I Have NOTHING to wear that I WANT to wear! Can I stay home? What kind of LAME person am I that wishes to stay home because her wardrobe doesn't suite her this week?!?!? Lame I tell ya, LAME! The Notebook is on. I watch a few minutes. The sighs, the OoOo's...love, YUCK! I'm going to be single FOREVER! I fight within my self...NO I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOT!

I go to my room. Any good books I haven't read in a while? Thousands!

Any that I want to reread?

NOPE!

See, I tell ya I'm in a funk.

Also, I've been craving sugar cookies...the good kind. The kind that the recipe calls for sour cream and a long process. But, do I want to actually make them? HECK NO! I wonder if I called my old YW president who made excellent ones and see if she'll mail me some? Probably not.


Funk I tell ya! I'm in a FUNK!

I walk over to the calendar on my refrigerator. It's my black & white one I'm in love with. I check the days ahead. Whens my period coming? The oh so NOT "friend" that my grandmother use to refer it as because she wouldn't dare say things like period or sex or PMS.

Why, lookie there I said them! Haha!

5 Days incoming. OH. GREAT. I'm. So. Thrilled. Cant you tell?

So really my funk = PMS.

The End.

10 Lovely FeedBack:

Shayla said...

Sorry to hear about your funk. I love your "Woe is me" pict, your simply fab Tierra! You silly, you will NOT be single forever, promise!
Hope your "friend" {haha, soo funny!} comes & goes without bringing you down anymore! Cheer up buttercup!

{PS. It's my birthday, haha, woohoo!}

Unknown said...

Ah, I was going through the funk all this week. Sure enough, my "friend" (I hate that they call it that, it should be "enemy" instead!) is due any day now. Every time I PMS, I feel like I want to cry for every little thing.

*Sending some virtual sugar cookies your way and hoping you feel better!*

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

Tierra,
Even though I haven't had my "Friend" visit in a few months, I have been feeling like I am in the Funk too! I feel your pain! Lets get together for lunch this week!
-Kristy

Suzanne said...

Do something you have never done before and may even scare you. That may get you out of your funk! Do something religious or spiritually uplifting. That always gets me out of my funk! Hope you feel better soon! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

Where is my tulip tree pictures?
I got on tonight all exited and then was sad..

No trees and my Tierra friend is not so happy? I feel sad.

I hope this craze is gone soon!
Love ya.. And I hope to see those trees!

Kimmie said...

Tierra...thanks for your comment on my Blog! You look like a FUN, full of life kind of person.

I wish I lived closer to you because I am making Sugar cookies tomorrow for a Spring dinner. (If you go to my Blog and click on the Pink Cookie link in the upper right hand corner of my homepage you can get my sugar cookie recipe. They are SO yummy, easy to make and YES, they have sour cream in them and they're frosted with cream cheese frosting). Too bad I can't just "wiggle my nose" like Samantha from "Bewitched" and send some your way!

I am in a FUNK every Sunday with what to wear. I don't like any of my clothes, yet I don't want to go and buy any either.

Hope the sunshine comes your way soon!! Cheer up and remember the love that your friends and family have for you!

{Mo} said...

Hey Tierra....what's in the air???? I've been in a FUNK for weeks, and it's not PMS here, well maybe a bit, but not completely! I guess I'm a pretty lame person, because I wish I could stay home not only Sundays, but everyday because I have nothing to wear...Either my clothes don't fit (mostly) or I'm not happy with the ones that do and I feel not so great in any of them, so yea, I want to stay home and hide! And you just had to go and bring up sugar cookies!?!? Thanks a bunch ;)
Hopefully your funk doesn't last as long as mine has!!!
P.S. Sorry I missed you the other night, I'm looking for my calling card, but who knows when it will show... I'll keep digging!

Miss Megan said...

:( I am sorry you were having one of those days? You know it's bad when you can't find a good book re-read! I've been there girlfriend, trust me. Oh yeah, I was there just a few days ago.

Me to husband:
"I am so fat!"
"I am so ugly!"
"I am so PMS-ish!"
"Nothing looks good on me!"
"I have no friends!"
"The world is coming to an end! WAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

You get the point. Hang in there girlfriend! I love ya!

Heather said...

I remember feeling like it was never going to happen for me and Mr. Right didn't come until I was 25 and I didn't marry him until I was 26. You have time.

Hang in there.

Sorry the oh so Not friend is coming to visit. Don't you love being a girl?

Hey, I had a dream last night that you came to Utah. Now make my dream come true!! :)

Me said...

Been there. Heck, I'm there right now. Only I can't use the 'aunt flo' excuse (that's what it's called in our house).

I have all these books the I need/should read and just can't bring myself to do it. Really the only thing I can do right now is play solitare on my laptop. The sad part is too, that I'm probably stuck here for a very, very long time.

And the sugar cookies....I've been craving those every day. You must have the same weakness as me. If I could actually make those, I would send some your way!