Monday, March 9, 2009

A Messed UP Monday!!

Today started out just lovely. Again, Mr. Spring Sunshine gave us a beautiful day. And so as your dear Tierra started off her day by checking her email, her aunt Carolyn was cleaning out the refrigerator. And the conversation went like this.


Carolyn: {cleaning her little heart out} ...."Tierra, when did twilight get cancelled?"
Tierra: {not paying attention, reading an email} ...."um, what did you say?"
Carolyn: "I said, when did twilight get cancelled?"
Tierra: {full attention now} "WHAT!?! Why would it be cancelled?"
Carolyn: "Well, you have it marked on the calendar with cancelled written underneath."
Tierra: {jumps from her chair} {looks at calendar} .............. {silence}
Tierra: {said in a very LOUD voice} LEE SHOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The now much hated turd-of-a-jerk in the above first picture
WAS my so called much loved oldest cousin who is like an older brother to me is now in the dog house. Actually, I'll call it the crap house because he will be payed back for this!

Then, as the day went on, me and my aunt went to the USE to be loved Wal-mart for some grocery shopping. As usual, I had to go over to the fabric section and pick out material for my Easter/spring table runner and table cloth I'm making.

As the lady was cutting my ever so charming fabric,
another messed up conversation began to take place.

Wal-mart Fabric Lady: "It's a good thing you're buying this today because everything is 50% off."
Tierra: "Oh really. How lucky!"
Wal-MartFabric Lady: "Yes. Very lucky because once everything is gone that will be that."
Tierra: "What do you mean everything will be gone?" {starting to worry}
Wal-Mart Fabric Lady: "Wal-Marts are doing away with all their fabric sections in this area."
Tierra: "WHAT!!!! NO WAY! WHY? OH GOOD GRIEF!!!!!! Please tell me your kidding?
Wal-Mart Fabric-ruins my day- Lady: "I'm afraid not.
Everything you see is 50% off until its all gone. All cuts final.
Tierra: {stunned}......................
Wal-Mart Fabric Lady: "Once word gets out everything is going to be a bit crazy
So if you see any fabric you like I suggest you buy it as soon as possible.
Tierra: "This is just a fine mess" "Wait till I call Amber" {I muttered to myself}

So, to end this messed up sad post, here is the picture of the fabric i bought today. At least I got it all for under $8 bucks! Tomorrow I'm heading back to just find whatever I think I might like to use in the near future.

Hey Wal-Mart....You SUCK!

10 Lovely FeedBack:

CB said...

OK I am up WAY too late and when I read Hey Wal-mart...You Suck I just got the late night giggles so bad and now I can't stop. OH MY GOSH SOOOOO FUNNNNYY!!

You crack me up!

CB said...

BTW ......FIRST!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

That is just HI-Larious!!! I am laughing, do you not have $1 fabric stores out there? I do always start at Walmart myself, but that is just plain sad that the fabric is going away!

I think your cousin is funny to joke around with you like that. Cannot wait to see what you do to get even!

Have a marvelous, fantastic day! -Suzanne

Anonymous said...

So I got a phone call at midnight last night from a particular boy who was doing research for his job. (I think he just needed an excuse to call me.) He wanted me to tell you that you should buy your twilight dvd at target because it has an extra disc of special features that nobody else has but costs the same as everywhere else. Oh and he also said that fye would refund your five dollar deposit if you asked them.

Thaviri is yet again not a word. Your word verification thing sucks!

Ann Marie said...

I could have told you long ago that Walmart sucks my friend..
Sorry but true. Don't get me started.. It could possibly become a rant. I go there as little as possible.

I am loving the fabric's you chose. It almost makes me want to drive to my walmart and buy that top one... almost.

Miss Megan said...

Twilight canceled. Ha! That would be like stopping the earth from rotating. P.S. Loving the Toile fabric! Sorry I didn't call you back the other night - we had a ton of family/friends over for Mike's b-day and we were all up pretty late. :) Do you forgive me?

{Mo} said...

Tierra, my girl.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE and once again L.O.V.E the toile fabric you bought! So super cute! I may need some of that. How sad for you, no more fabric at Wal-Mart. It could be worse I promise you....the closest Wal-Mart (or any other store of the sort) to me is aproximately an hour and a half way! No random quick trips to the store for me :( and sadly that means most likely no darling tiole fabric for me either. I can't wait to see your creation!

Heather said...

That was hilarious! I not a fan of Wal-mart myself but I have to shop there because of low prices. I am so sorry you wont be able to get the fabric there anymore. Go to that Ben Franklin store that Leah took me to. They have a lot of cute fabric. Anyway, I love the fabric you bought. Too cute! Can't wait to see the table runner!

Amber F said...

I'm glad you got your Easter fabric Tierra! Oh, and by the way, you left the pink one at my house. I think that really you just wanted a reason to come back to my house and eat more of my cookies;)

Me said...

First of all-I absolutely love the fabric you got!

I don't like Walmart myself, but I have to admit that they do have a good selection of fabric and the best yarn selection for alot cheaper then any craft store. I'm sorry that they are doing away with your fabric place of choice. I'll grab and send you anything out here that you ask for.

And the Twilight thing is too funny. It sounds like something my husband would do to me.