Monday, March 16, 2009

Get to Know Me :: Monday ::

YowwwwZa look at those legs! Lately, I've been brain storming --something you should always be careful with, when around me LOL--And I wanted to do something to where on my blog, it would be noting some memories & thoughts but also allow you to get to know me better.
Hence "Get to know Me Monday" brilliant right? Don't answer that :)

Have you ever wondered what is people's take on you, that they see from your blog?

After all it is your-this ones mine--blog. So therefore it shows who you are. Your likes,your family, your interest ...yada yada and so forth.

I hope that you all see this...Me...for what it is. Just a single gal livin a southern life searchin for that sweet talkin, to slow moving, southern man.

And Everything else in between LOL

So every Monday or so *I may not be perfect at this* I plan on sharing alittle about myself that I would like for you to get to know. To see. That way, to whatever blog summarizing you give mine, I've at least had my say. HAHA!

To kick off, I found these the other day going through photos and couldn't think of a better way to sum me up then these two killer photos of me.

High Heels, Lip stick, & dreaming of being a mommy. Oh, and rockin the care bear undies! Yeah baby! ! ! Jealouuuusssssss.


All my life shoes have sang to me. Yes, I do mean S. I. N. G, sing! They are truly this girls best best friend. For as LONG as I can remember getting out my moms, aunts, high heel shoes was apart of my everyday agenda since the beginning of my time. Oh and check this out... I have this goal, that when ever I leave this earth, I always yell and remind my cousins & aunts that the casket better be opened all the way to show off my shoes. No joke!

BUT most importantly, I dream of being a mommy. ALWAYS growing up I was playing mommy & baby. My own mommy would buy me real diapers and bottles to play with. LOVED IT! To me, to be able to have a chance of having a baby is a pure gift from Heavenly Father and one that I look *UP MOST* forward in doing. Sometimes, I'll be honest and say that it is hard at church to see all of my dear friends get to have this chance while I have to wait and just play on the sidelines.

BUT Having my nephew though is truly the best part of my life. Raising a child and teaching it about all the good things in this life is my hearts desire. And not all the shoes in this world could full fill it. Except for maybe a pair of Jimmy Choo Shoes...JUST KIDDING! ! !

"If I were asked to name the Worlds greatest need, I should say unhesitatingly wise Mothers;
:: President David O. Mckay, LDS church ::

11 Lovely FeedBack:

CB said...

Tierra - I am LOVING the new pic's of you - You are a doll!! Love your smile :D The toddler shots are way cute too - You can tell it's you - haha.

You and I could be soul sisters with the shoes! I actually caught sight of the shoes before I finished reading the post and had to scroll down and admire them! What is it about "to die for" shoes!
I am also with you on being a mom. That was my #1 thing when I was young. I never wanted to grow up and be a nurse or a movie star I always wanted to be a mom.
I know with desires in your heart like you have, you are going to be one fabulous mom one of these days.
Keep on smiling and have a wonderful day!

Cherie

Anonymous said...

So Miss Tierra who is Van Morrison again? =op

Drelinge; yet again not a word . . .

Unknown said...

Aw, I love those pics of you, Tierra! Thanks for sharing with us, I love your idea of "Getting To Know Me Monday!" I am also a huge shoe aficionado, though the whole mommy thing hasn't resonated with me until recently. I hit 30 and then it was like, "Huh, I want a kid." ;-)

Awesome new profile pic, btw!

Me said...

I used to do something similar that I called Memory Monday. I'd share a pic from my past and tell about it. I put it on hold until I can get more photos from my parents though.

It's a nice way to get to know you and I'll be checking on Mondays to find out more about my newfound friend.

Cute pics too!

Ann Marie said...

Darling idea!
How fun to get to know you better each week with these posts.

You are an ADORABLE little girl!
I love how much hair you have..
LOL at the shoes! I used to be the same.. but after marrying my husband (we are the same height ) I quit wearing heals because I would be taller. It just seemed weird.

You know I have a funiture sickness right? So I'm always checking out the backgrounds.. Well.. I just have to share that I covet that little brown table in the background of the last photo.
Beautiful! Do you still have it?

I love-love being a mommy. That's ALWAYS what I wanted to be too. :)

Love ya, Ann

Heather said...

What a cute idea. I love it. I look forard to all your Get to know me Mondays. How fun. I love the picture you chose. You are so darling in both of them.

LOL!! About the casket thing. You truly love shoes.

Love the shoes you showed. They are totally cute.

I love the new photos of you on your side bar.

Shayla said...

Tierra you lost me at those shoes! They are A-Mazingly fabulous. wow.
Ok, I composed myself & read on.
You are fantastic & I look forward to getting to know you. You will be a wonderful mother! The most important thing is that desire & that will help you love them more than you can imagine. Just live in preparation for that time & you will be fantastic! Hope you have a great week!!

Ani said...

That picture is awesome! Thanks for commenting on my blog!
ps. picture below is sexy! (edward)

Suzanne said...

How awesome are you!! Love the hair, you are workin it, girlfriend. I use to have a huge shoe fetish and then I got married and my husband made me throw away or give away 3/4 of my shoes. Heels are my favorite. However, they are not my husbands because I am already 2" taller than him without shoes. Hmmm....one day, I will have more shoes, one day! -suzanne

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

Tierra -
All of these wonderful experiences that you get to take part in right now will make you more of an AWESOME mother when the time comes! Enjoy & cherish the time you have right now because you may never get it back!
P.S. Your pics are so adorable! Love the shoes!
-Kristy

Ani said...

Comment away! If you are like me, you love getting comments!
Gotta go make some popcorn!