Monday, March 2, 2009

Recall. Recap.

I figured I needed to document a few note worthy news for the bloggity blog. This is what I consider a "filler"post. Not really that big but needed to "fill" in some time between my two planned post for this coming week. So of course, I ask you a lovely plea to check back later.

Recap Number One-

Tierra at Belks Department Store. These two lovelys sang me a sweet melody. On sale for just $4. oo a piece, SOLD! Sweet deal and their my new two FAVORITE pieces to wear.

Recap Number 2-
Cousin Carrie who got engaged this News Years Eve, decided to move her wedding date up to THIS year. Of course I'm the wedding planner. Any one who knows me, knows I live to plan and I plan to live LOL Tomorrow will start our rush on all things wedding-ness shopping and planning. LOVE IT ALL!

Recap Number 3-
For my last and probably most note worthy news, I received a new calling at church. For those not of my faith, Our Bishopric we have in each ward extend a calling to worthy adult members to take on a responsibility in our different activity areas and age groups. Such like a Sunday school teacher or be a counselor to serve on committee for women or men and such. We have lots of different areas and the bishopric, with the guidance of counsel and prayer pick different adults best to serve in all the different areas.

With out further wait, I'm the new Girls rep in my ward for the Single adults. Anyone got any GREAT ideas for activities?

10 Lovely FeedBack:

CB said...

FIRRRRSSSSTTTT!!!

LOVE THE JEWELRY So cute!!

Congrats on your new calling. That will be really fun! Love that you put The Singles Ward picture up there!! I'll try and think of some ideas after my brain wakes up:D

Sondra said...

Secccccond!! :D I just had to do that!

I love the jewelry too! Wedding planner - that's a big job! Have lots of fun.

Singles rep - yikes! That what I say to every new calling. I probably have a couple of ideas - I'll have to go look through my books and send them to you (I have lots of books). I know you'll do a great job.

For visiting teaching - I order a kit from Hand Picked Daisies each month to give the ladies I teach. The kits usually are $4 each) There is a button on my side bar that say's Visiting Teaching Kits. It's a great place to get ideas even if you don't purchase them.

www.Sugardoodle.net has R.S. ideas - so go to their site and check out what they have to offer.

Plus, The Idea Door http://www.theideadoor.com/RS.html has monthly handouts and book marks.

Also Emma's Place for Church stuff - also on my side bar. She has been doing something each month too that you can print off.

Your new T.L.C. threw me off this morning when I check my comments. I had to check the like and it was you. I like the TLC - so calming and loving - LOL.. I like TLC :D

Ann Marie said...

Wow! Lots going on with you..
So when is the wedding? Curious..

You will be a great wedding planner. I know you'll make sure everything is perfect! :)

I know you'll do well with the calling... Your creative!

Shayla said...

You know Tierra, my parents met when they served as Single's Ward reps together... keep your eyes out for future hubby in your meetings :)
Good luck with everything!

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

You know Tierra, the only way to retire from that calling is to get married quick! I know how much you love serving the YSA's of our stake & ward! Ha Ha! Love ya!
I know you will do a great job, you always go all out which is what they need! Good Luck! I really did have a lot of fun when I was the YSA rep!
-Krisy

TLC said...

Sondra the TLC are my initals. I figured it just shortented my signature a little when i post each post. I'm glad you like it!!!
And thanks a BUNCH for all the Visiting teaching ideas. I'll be sharing those with some ladies in the ward. BIG help:D :D

Also Ann, Carrie will be getting married on August 1st of this year which puts some sorta bad news for my trip to Utah. But, will see!

Kristy--You stinker...how could you ever mention such a thing LOL
favorite calling....I need to call you about the twilight party!

Suzanne said...

Wow, you are pretty busy, busy!! The calling fits you! Have a ball with it! Don't stress and have fun! And that goes with the wedding planning also! I left you a comment last night about calling me. I am not home tonight or tomorrow night, Friday night I am gone and Sat.........oh boy, just call earlier in the evening and I am home. -Suzanne

Miss Megan said...

Oooh! Sounds like a fun new calling! As for singles ward activities, I'm afraid I'm fresh out! Sorry lovey! Knowing you, I'm sure you'll come up with something clever and creative and lots and lots of fun! Speaking of fun, wedding planning is the best (especially if it's for someone else and not your own)! Muaaah!

Heather said...

I bet planning the wedding is going to be so much fun. I loved planning my wedding. I would love to plan other people's weddings.

You will be great at your new calling. You are a lot of fun.

Nancy Face said...

Pretty jewelry! :)

Have fun with your new calling, YAY! :)