Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twilight Par-TAY!

Twilight Twilight Twilight! ! !
Hot Dang it is in Da-HOUSE! Yeah, Baby! ! ! Okay...Tierra doing her...{{{breathe}}} calm down voice LOL SO...Hi-dee Bloggers...As you know I had a Twilight Party! This week, I have worked my butt off for this party and I am SO HAPPY it was a success! The "Thank You's" are ENDLESS! First...Kristy, thank you for opening up your home and letting me have the party there. Amber F. for bringing those "oh so sinful" cookies...Do you have any left??? Stephanie thank you for doing the punch! I was so happy you came and I LOVED your T-shirt! And then THANK YOU to you all for coming. Christy & Allison, Jamie Burlette, Stephanie, Amber F. Kristy, Amber L. --Did you know Amber L. has a VAMPTASTIC twilight blog? Scroll down to my Stalking Avenue and hit Eyes of Amber. I swear, everyday...its all Twilight/New Moon news galore...LOVE it! ! ! Now, silly talkative me talked WAY to much at the beginning and didnt even think about getting pictures with everyone and the ones who wore their FABULOUS twilight shirts. BUT here is the whole set up. Enjoy!

The Invite. I wanted these to be eye catching the moment you pulled it out of its matching dark navy blue envelope. So this is the front side. What you cant tell, is that its really shiny! I wanted it to be a mini movie poster so I had them laminated to be really shiny!

Backside. Also laminated for shiny effect.

The Set Up. I went all out and found these damask plates/napkins. With my gorgeous pictures frames and twilight official photos for the center. I chose the one with Edward at the piano and my favorite prom scene with blue silk underneath.

{click to enlarge both pics and see the table better}

For food, it was movie night so pizza. Duh! Then for desert, I knew I wanted these extra sinful chocolate dipped strawberries prepared by me :)

Cherie...I did it! ! ! My bloggy friend Cherie had posted on her craft blog how to make these pin wheels. SO easy! With Double sided paper I made my self with twilight written all over on one side and my color scheme dark navy blue on the other.
{click to enlarge for better view} {I was so proud of myself}

Also, I cant forget Kristy's Husband Aaron who set up all of Kristy's twilight stuff just for the party! Aaron, that was so nice and it made the night for everyone to see! Thanks! ! ! Not to mention but Aaron graciously left and gave up his home for the evening!

I am a FIRM believer that all parties done by me, is a MUST to receive a treat bag for coming.
all the ladies went home with these cute little bags.

Inside I gave everyone a full Hershey chocolate bar with a new twilight wrapper! The second pic below the first shows the back of the candy bar. I thought Chocolate vs. twilight..."Can you resist temptation?"

Also, I am a big chap stick freak at work and I got to thinking that, I for one would LOVE to be rockin some twilight chap stick! So in the bag was a tube a chap stick with a twilight label made by yours truly saying "a taste of forbidden fruit"

After the movie was over and everyone was starting to leave, I realised I had NO photos with anyone! What the heck?!?! So I pulled Kristy-- my co-host and at least took a quick pic with her. I LOVE her! She is truly a Best friend. Not to mention but a Twilight-Edward Lovin- fanatic-Buddy!
{lookie there Edward is in all his stern hotness in the back! then stupid dead James at the bottom..that's right sucka your at the bottom HAHA!}


Thank You again everyone for coming! You made my "little" party VAMPTASTIC!

15 Lovely FeedBack:

Shayla said...

How FUN!! I've been watching it by myself... sad. Looks like a blast!! Great job with the cute decor & twi-goodies!

Amber F said...

You are too funny, Tierra!!

Ann Marie said...

I wanna come to the party!!

No seriously.. I would have eaten all of those divine strawberries. Oh my lovliness!!!

Everything looks so fabulous, and you can tell you put alot of time and work into everything!!

I'm glad it was great!!!

Nancy Face said...

OH, MY!!!

The invites! The gorgeous frames! The amazing pictures INSIDE the frames! The damask of loveliness! The PINWHEELS of awesomeness! The chocolate strawberries of scrumptiousness! The treat bags of happiness! :D

I like thinking that if I lived close to you I would have been invited! I would have bought the pizza, since I'm a lame-o cook! ;)

Nancy Face said...

Word Verification said something like "Sup dawg?"

So gangsta.

CB said...

T.L. That was the most freakin' awesome Twilight party ever.

Everything looked beatiful! The food, the invites are the bomb.com and you made pinwheels! They look so cute with the Twilight paper - Nancy called them pinwheels of awesomeness and she is right.

You did a GREAT JOB and I only wish I could have been there!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Heather said...

What an awesome party. You did such a great job. I wish I could have been there.

I really want to eat those strawberries. They look so yummy. I love chocolate covered strawberries.

Suzanne said...

Wow!! You are a girl of details. You're like a mini Collin Cowie or whatever his name is that does the parties for Oprah! Dang, chocolate and lip gloss. You just threw down the gauntlet on Twilight parties. -Suzanne

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

I had a great time! You can have a party here anytime you want!!
-Kristy

{oc cottage} said...

This is so awesome!!! You are insane! Love it! (I finally saw the movie on Saturday)

m ..
vv

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! I wish I could've been there!!!! I've been watching "Twilight" with ... my cat. Oh, let's not forget Pocket Eddie. Le sigh, I have no Twi-friends in Miami.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I LOVE IT! So perfect! I wish I could have come! Love the decor!!

Stephanie said...

Dearest Tierra,

This party was by far the highlight of my week. I really appreciate the invite. Great company and all things Edward... it doesn't get much better than that! You are such a tremendous party planner. Think you could give me lessons on that as well as how to start up my blog?!

Sorry we couldn't get together this Friday, but I'll be in contact soon. :)

Miss Megan said...

OK seriously, you are amazing. AMAZING. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! I can tell that you went to a lot of work and a lot of trouble, and I bet the girls loved and appreciated all the energy you put into it. Fun, fun, fun! P.S. Did you end up using the Twilight quiz? If so, how did it go? Was it too hard? *That's what she said!" ha ha. It's late, I'm punchy. Can you tell?

Kathy Finch said...

AWESOME Party - but then that is why we love our Tierra. I just wish I was there to enjoy it.

Sounds like everyone had a blast.

I bought the movie and watched it with Bill, I just finished "Eclipse" and just started "Breaking Dawn" I am going to be sad when the books are over.

Maybe I will have to start them all over again. LOL