Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Shower Bring May Flowers???

This Saturday was our first beautiful, bright, & sunny day. It was just so lovely that it did wonders for the soul. Truly. So, what better way then to celebrate with a baby shower, right? My best friend Jenny S. is having her first baby. A little boy to be named Jackson. Jenny and I have had so many late night phone calls, dreaming away the time when we would become mothers. With each new birth and a new baby to cuddle and make giggle at church, i count myself very blessed to be a woman and be able to "hopefully" be a mother of my own someday. Babies are such a blessing. They have the most purest sweet souls that they just smell heaven sent. Well, not all the time...lol and i love it when we can wel-come a new one in. So, as to actually getting back into blogging, enjoy the pictures from this Saturday at Jenny-loo's {nickname for her from me} first baby shower with a real preggo bump :)

:: The Invites I made ::

:: Lovely Jen & Baby Jackson ::

:: Jen's Dad order these beautiful flowers for center pieces for the table and living room table::

:: We LOVED the chicken salad croissants! The table looked ever so charming ::

:: My job was to make the invites and order a fatty delicious cake. Both jobs fulfilled ::
:: Navy blue baby booties ::

:: This is my FAVORITE photo of Jen ::

:: Filling up the plate for two ::

:: Jenny & her Mommy ::

:: Emma Grace with her big blue eyes! She was having so much fun eating grapes ::

:: My Gift. I LOVE doing gifts like this, So I just had to do one for Jen. I got her two baskets filled with all the little things I knew she would need ::

:: The Loot ::

It was a LOVELY day and everything went very well. Just how we like it. No games, just food, friendship conversation and Jen's favorite, Gifts! Thank You to Everyone who came to support Jen. To be continued when the little fellow arrives...

PS. To Jen...I forgot the card for the shower so heres what it said.
I know you, You know me, and I know myself. -wink!

9 Lovely FeedBack:

Anonymous said...

Awe Tierra thank you for blogging about my shower!! the pics turn out wonderful!!! I'm glad I got to share these beautiful moments with you!! Who could forget all our long night talks about our future!! I love you girl!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I love how the shower turned out! You are a woman of many talents, Miss T. L. C. :-) And (I think it was you that asked?) since you asked, I'm getting the Borders special edition of "Twilight." I'll have to restrain myself from getting the Target special edition, though. In my opinion, that just might be the best buy.

P.S.) Loving the new layout! :)
P.P.S.) This is the longest comment ever. That is all.

Ann Marie said...

Darling shower! After seeing all of the food.. I am hungry!!

Glad you had a good weekend!

CB said...

Such a cute shower! I love how excited you are for your friend - I see honorary "Auntie" status!!!
Love the cake with all the navy booties on it - SO cute!!
A beautiful day for a shower with friends.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

OK, CUTEST shower and pitures and INVITES and you PRESENT! So cute! Love everything!

Heather said...

Jenny looks so cute. Tell her I said that and that I say hi.

I love what you gave her. I was grateful when I got a gift like that. Not that I wasn't grateful for the other things I got but I needed that kind of stuff.

What a fun shower. I am glad you had such a fun time.

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

It was a lot of fun! Except for having to chase after Emma the whole time!!! You did a great job with the planning, as always! You have so many wonderful talents!
-Kristy

The Larsen's said...

How cute! Tell Jenny hi for me. I'll have to send her something.

Natallie

Miss Megan said...

What a beautiful baby shower! I loved the food spread and the flowers were gorgeous. Nice work on the invitations and cake!