Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It takes Two to Tango



So something major happened today. I'm tellin ya people, if you want to have something odd,new,weird,sickening, and all things that just blow your mind away...Go work in a hospital. OH the stories I could share. Really. You just wouldn't believe what goes on behind closed hospital room doors. Do you people realize that ALL patient rooms DO NOT have locks? Doesn't ANYONE remember that when they have to stay the night in a hospital room? Honestly...

So, story number one. The ultimate "make-a-single-girl-feel-low" story...and for some odd reason I have decided to share it for your entertainment. Heaven knows I had to just laugh about it.

If you didn't know by now, I work at our hospital. I am a dietitian's assistant and with that, I'm in about 80 rooms per day. Depending on how high the hospital count is. And so, I SEE ALOT of people from all walks of life. So here goes...my days go like this:

Me: -knock knock- "Hi, this is dietary and my names Tierra and I need to see your wrist band" etc etc
And we go over food options, tray helping, calories and such yada yada.

Today, at exactly 4:38 {I had looked at my watch going into the room} I knock and proceed into the room 2033. As I walk in the lights are off and I immediately turn them on and announce who I am and my name {{{{HERE it comes}}} AND THEN... then my eyes catch what is going on in the room...
Mr. Walker {name change} is completely COMPLETELY naked like the day he was born and is making out with Mrs. Walker who is ummm...half way undressed herself....
Yep that rights...Mr. and Mrs. Walker were doing the " it takes two to tango" and I had just apparently interrupted that oh so "your body is a wonderland" moment....

Mr. Walker was the patient.

Mr. Walker is in his early 70's.

Mr. Walker is also a heart patient.

Tierra's mind: *crap crap OH crap...what the heck do I say?
Crap. crap. I JUST SAW his "everything".... crap. crap. ewwwwwwww crap*

Mr. Walker then proceeds to just laugh and say "Well darlin...Surely a Young Woman yourself has been "in the moment" with her husband?

Me: I'm not married....

I then just turn...and walk out CLOSING the door behind me....

Yep. Here I am single. Not dating ANYONE in which case all my co-workers love to get after me about and now...I JUST WALKED IN ON A 70 somethin couple who just felt the motion of the ocean and were making out in the process.

The last time I made out was two days before dumping Kyle.

Super.

5 Lovely FeedBack:

Ann Marie said...

LOL! Oh boy.. something I HOPE I never have to witness!!

For a single girl.. you sure have a lot of sayings to go with that "stuff!" ha-ha

I don't know what I would have done either..Maybe *pretend* I am blind??? YUCK!!! soooo akward!!

{Mo} said...

Sorry Tierra.... I'm so cracking up right now! Hillarious, but not a visual I really need, you know?

Suzanne said...

Holy Crap!! That is funny! Nothing like the smell of the hospital, the beeps of the machines and the curvy pink pee/vomit bucket that screams out "Lets get on!" Wow! I am actually kind of happy that the couple is still so in love at age 70 something. Although, if you suggested for them to get a room, perhaps you need to clarify that they need a hotel room, not a hospital room. haha! -Suzanne

Heather said...

LOL!! I can't believe that happened. I am so sorry. But it is funny though.

RatalieNose said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!
NO. WAY.
That is DISGUSTING!!!