Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween ParrrrTay

In the words of my 7 yr. old nephew..."You gave a wicked party Tierra"
Yes. My nephew says words like "wicked party" CRACKS ME UP I tell ya!
Friday night, I gave a little Halloween party for Angelus and friends.
Poor little Saylor was the only little girl and all I got to say is "boys will be boys" *sighs*
Throw in some food, friends & cousins and one big candy filled pinata and you got yourself...."One Wicked Parrrrtayyy"



I made my own goody bags this year! Courtesy of good old Martha.com



Not to mention but I've been DIEING to find a reason to make these
Martha Stewart Tissue Pom Poms! SO Easy.



If you need food suggestions for a Halloween/Fall get together...
I suggest just keeping it simple and doing just a few things but yet RICH in taste!



Chicken salad croissants but give it a fall twist
and add glazed pecans and deep plum seedless grapes.



Apple Slices and Carmel Sauce can do NO wrong but be every so rich and sinful!
Hint: If you soak your apple slices in Sprite or Sierra Mist, they wont brown!



I found my mothers recipe for easy apple cider and course I'm all about a party drink let me tell ya! Just fill a crock pot with apple Cider set on HIGH {I prefer Target brand} Add 7 small cinnamon sticks, 1 tbs. All Spice, 1/2 cup of Sugar, and 3 tbs. cinnamon sugar and slice one orange for an every so delightful Brew!



Jackson with his BIG BLUE eyes, hanging out with Mr. Ghost before the boys rip him to shreds!




You gotta love decorating sugar cookies!



Jenny's cracking up, Jackson got a death grip on her hair, and Justin's got this look like he has NO idea how Jenny got green icing on her face!



"I'm gonna take you dowwwnnn"
Remind me next year how MESSY pinatas can get!



See what i mean? Boys will be boys!!!
Not only did the boys bust it, they made sure Mr. Ghost was LONG GONE!



The Gang except missing the two Jackson's.

A BIG thank you for sweet friends and family! It had been a stressful day but turned into a great night! After the party, we "older" cousins went back to the pumpkin patch and did the night time Haunted tour that took 40 minutes and spanned over the haunted house, haunted dairy farm, haunted barn, and haunted corn maze.
All I got to say on that is it's SO NOT COOL to be chased by a chainsaw through a corn maze at night with screaming girls! And mud. Not cool at all!

7 Lovely FeedBack:

CB said...

That is one WICKED Party girl! You definately know how to throw 'em!!
Those pom poms are SO stinkin cute - I can think of some other parties they would go with too.
The kids are all so cute and that blue eyed baby...Oh my goodness - so sweet!
Good job!

Shayla said...

Oh my goodness Miss Tierra! What a fun party! I was so planning on making those lovely Martha pom poms for the Halloween party I'm throwing next week & now I am so excited, seeing how darling they are!
Very cute party ideas!!

{Mo} said...

Tierra....YOU ROCK! Everything was adorable, kids, food (ok, maybe not adorable, but spectacular), decor! Everything!

Ann Marie said...

Everything looks great!

You sure do a good job throwing parties! :) I admit.. if this was for my kids.. it would NEVER be fancy like this. It would be the cheapo goodie bags.. and etc. All of this work would be in vain.. because my kids don't CARE!

I would only go to this kind of work for an adult gathering.. because I know they would appreciate it. I guess that's why your better than me in this area.. because you give it your best with everyone!!!

Thanks for the Apple tip.. and all of the food looks SCRUPTIOUS!

Darling everything!

Kimmie said...

I can't believe how much work you do for ANYTHING you are in charge of!! You are such an extra miler and WOW, those apples and caramel dip look SO good!!

Pinatas are SO much fun for kids and what a cute ghost!

I agree with you...being in a corn maze being chased by a chainsaw is NOT fun at all!

You're an amazing person Tierra and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Heather said...

I have to agree with you, being chased by a chainsaw is not fun. I love haunted houses though.

Looks like you threw a great party. Way cute! Thanks for some ideas I want to do this for Ayla when she is older. I love Halloween and I don't think Halloween night is enough.

Little Jackson is adorable! Let Jenny know I said that!

Thanks for the apple tip. I never knew and thanks for the apple cider recipe.

RatalieNose said...

Hey how bout you come throw me a party??? Yes? Yes!
Food = LOOKS SOOOO DELICIOUS I'm starving now!!!