Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bridal Shower & Recipes

Carrie's shower took place this past Saturday and PHEW!!!!!!! is all I got to say.
Okay, well also that it turned out VERY lover-ly.
One shower down and one more to go.
We had such the crowd at Carrie's house and I want to send a major shout out/thank you to Jenny B. for staying over with me and Carrie and working just as hard to help us out.
The only bummers is that
A} I WISH I took more pictures of family shots with Carrie but everything was just going by so quickly and making sure enough food was out etc...that your mind wonders and photos get pushed to the "no-go"
B} Somebody needs to give my computer a spanking & "talksie" because AGAIN it wont let me upload the video I did of Carrie growing up that I showed at the shower.
And C} The florist we went through was SO tacky and lousy that that's all I'm gonna say cause I'm getting mad all over again. POO on them!



The invitation sent out {address/number whited out for creeper control} and the picture of Carrie below was inserted with it.


We or should I say Carrie {I'm too short to reach LOL} worked so hard on hanging the white lanterns I picked up at Dollar tree months ago for 50 cents.
I at least handed the tape and gave advice :)



I wanted to showcase some of the many engagement photos of the lovely couple, So on small marble side tables around the room I displayed this every so cute setup.



The limes, limes, limes part. We loved it and SO easy to do.



Oh the food... the food! And also...one small advantage of not having your mother dearest around is that you don't have to ask for permission to spray paint her huge gold candle stick things hot pink!



Spinach Dip. This was mine and Carries first time making it and it's SO easy. At the bottom after pictures is the recipe requested from face book.



Our family FAVORITE that made us think it's Christmas. Mini Cheesecakes. Ummmm so good. And then our summer favorite mini fruit pizzas.



Southern comfort Punch. Okay "funny" haha- ditsy story that my cousins shall never let me live down is that last year when I was searching a good punch recipe on good old Martha.com
I came across this FABULOUS punch called "Southern Comfort" punch.
Now, me...being the doesn't drink person just thinks "How cute is that name!" "This IS the south so it must be an old southern recipe that I've never heard of."
Alright, so HOW was I to know that this is called that because "southern comfort" is an alcoholic drink?
So by request again at the bottom of pictures is the recipe to the "clean non-alcoholic" newly named "southern punch" recipe.
Suckas!




Yes. I ENVY this apron. Hey Alexa! Ya wanna order this for me too at Christmas? Birthday?



The table after everyone was gone and it's all cleaned up. Too cute I tell ya!


Carrie advertising the favors. Wal-Mart had strawberry and strawberry kiwi smackers chap stick on sale. And you know me, I just couldn't resist giving these out as favors.



How adorable is this picture? Girlie happiness in a bowl is what I say.

Spinach Dip
1 package of Frozen spinach
1 16 oz. sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 dry package of vegetable mix
Cook frozen spinach till boiling. Then cover & simmer for 8 minutes. Drain well.
Mix all ingredients and spinach and let chill 4-to 8 hours. Serve w/ wheat or Italian bread.

Southern Punch AKA Southern Comfort without the real "Southern Comfort"
2 frozen lemonade drink mix
1 frozen orange juice mix
1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 liter of sprite
1 navel orange.
1 Lemon
1 cup of coconut to sprinkle on top
Put the frozen drink mixes in first. Add pineapple juice. Then Sprite on top till the top of the bowl --you may not use all of it. Cut navel orange/lemon into slices. Place as floating top. Sprinkle coconut on top to finish if off. Repeat to refill.

As I said at the top. One shower down. One more to Go! Yay for Alexa!

PS. Have you voted on my poll yet?
It's coming up soon as a post and I will be allowing comments...So VOTE!