Sunday, July 26, 2009

Alexa's Bridal Shower & Recipe

Alexa, my other fabulous cousin is getting married at the end of August. Can we say "kill them now" to Carrie & Alexa for pretty much having their weddings back to back?!?!? I mean srsly. What's a girl to do but TWO showers, TWO dresses, TWO new pairs of shoes? I'm tellin ya, it's such the tizzy. LOL Okay. I hope you here the sarcasm crap in that speech but I LOVE them both and my whole childhood/growing up/seen every crap stage/lowest cry moments are all wrapped up with these two. Therefore, i was happy to do it! LOVE YA!

Anywho, today was Alexa's bridal shower and the color theme was complete opposite of Carries.
You can see her shower by clicking here. For Alexa's shower it was all about black & white with a POP of red. Scarlet red. Oh how i LOVED this color scheme.



The invite. My FAVORITE invite I've made yet!



The bride to be. Well sorta--haha Alexa!



Notice the candle holders? They might look familiar LOL because I used them at Carries only they were hot pink! But, we all agreed we LOVE like ADORE them in the red. Yep, I'm vain enough to admire my own creation. I can do that you know.




Reminds me of Twilight. Red/Black theme though Alexa hasn't a clue what Twilight is about.



Carrie & me were talking today and we decided that I'm a punch aholic. Only without the alcohol part. I'm always expanding my punch recipes so with Alexa's I found this OUT OF THIS WORLD Strawberry Daiquiri Punch recipe. Not to mention but uh...it color coordinated perfectly!

Strawberry Daiquiri Punch
1 bag of frozen strawberries
2 cans of frozen limeade mix {though I say only use 1}
3 cans of frozen strawberry daiquiri mix
2 2liter sprites chilled
3/4 cup of pineapple juice

In punch bowel combine limeade mix/ daiquiri mix/ pineapple juice and pour your first 2liter of chilled sprite. Add frozen bag of strawberries on top to add decor and as a supplement for ice.



I had so many cups of this. I had to go the bathroom SOMETHING FIERCE after the shower!



And of course I ALWAYS do favors...I came up with this WAY cute idea of giving out a little bag of Oreo cookies. It color schemed SO WELL. There was so many people there that I ran out!
And Hailey...out of all the food we had She went right for her bag of Oreos.
I think though for awhile...I'm CLOSED for all Bridal shower business. But wait...you wanna hear a really funny joke that's not really a joke? My Other...other cousin Melanie SHE'S GETTING MARRIED IN OCTOBER! I'm tellin ya people, it's apparently wedding season in my family in my DEAR FUTURE LATE HUBBY didn't get the memo!