Friday, July 17, 2009

My Dress


Carrie's wedding is in 16 days.
To say things are starting to really come into focus and panic is barely hitting it.
If I was the bride right now...OH. MY. is all I've got to say on that.

I wanted to post about my dress. I took a leap and decided to have it made. The dress I sincerely wanted from J. Crew was almost two hundred dollars. YIKES! A Little to up there even for me. So, I new what I wanted and my amazing friend Amber F. agreed to make it for me {with in return me buying her dinner and a fabulous mini cheesecake from our favorite bakery LOL} that's a great deal right?

So, after weeks of searching dress patterns and Amber's amazing skill of Patience's toward me...I found it.
Carries colors are HOT pink w/ lime green accents SO I wanted a summer color on myself that would not match but "flow" with the semi -formal event.
Hence...I bring you diva like gold taffeta. I love taffeta. taffeta just says formal to me with rich texture.

So...to give a taste the top picture is of the finished bodice. I told Amber from the get go that I wanted ruffles. YEP. ruffles. And Amber....I Love you...You gave me ruffles!
{SQUEALS with DELIGHT}