Monday, July 20, 2009

Get to Know Me Monday

It's been awhile since I last did a "Get to know Me Monday" and this has been on the brain as of late. Smells. Scents. Have you ever noticed how certain smells just instantly put you in a good mood? Or at least for a small passing moment? Well, a friend of mine at work was talking the other day on how our brain is stimulated by everything. Sites, smells, and sounds etc. In particularly smells can make or break a passing mood or thought. BOY... should I know! I work at the hospital and in every room I enter is a new smell. And BELIEVE you-me most...MOST are not the good smells LOL Some half the time are JUST unbearable and with my job I have to linger for at least a few minutes in each room to chat with the patients and the trick of not going BA-ZURK with smells is one trick I just cant seem to master.

HowEVER

I do try to think of all the lovely things on this earth that..as my friend says "stimulates" good thoughts --hehe--Isn't it also funny how some smells also stimulate your feelings as well?
Like lemons. Fresh cut lemons make me think of home. Not so much as my house home but in the since of ordinary simple pure peace of home.


The smell of books. Bookstores, Libraries, and the smell of a brand new book THRILLS me.
It's another one that makes me feel at home simply because it's me. Its what I've always been about. Reading. My mother would read to me at least 6-8 books or more if I could talk her into it when I was little. I just don't know how much I can express that reading to me is simply me. I adore it. New places, New people, New lives...it's a whole new world within each new or old book with a history. And the smell...is just pure essence to the soul.



Sharpies. Okay...now don't get all weird and think I get the "high buzz" but I love the smell of writing with a sharpie. If you have ever received a note, card, or letter by me...9/10 it was written with a sharpie. Not to mention but there just plain cute. Every Christmas is a brand new pack in my stocking :)



Bread. WHY oh WHY does bread have to be loaded with calories? Alas entering into a bread bakery or a fresh loaf out of the oven in just plain intoxicating. Agree? Well you better LOL
I can eat bread and rolls as a meal in it's self! Comfort food? Heck yes and the smell...Comfort Smell ALL the way.



Now, whatever your doing in your life I hope you stop and take a moment for whatever smell that brings a small happiness to your life. Remember it. Take it in. And then...think of me.

Probably in some AWEFUL hospital room smelling something TOTTLY different. LOL
Auvoir