Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tagged Part 2

5 Interesting Facts. I think out of all the Tags I've done this one is a favorite. It really shows alot about me that you wouldn't know So let me take you into a little glimpse of me. Thanx Natalie for the Tag, Sorry it's taken me so long to get to it. Rules, pick 5 facts people wouldnt know. Let's Begin:

{Fact Number 1}
A Quote Book. Every since I can remember my Aunt Carolyn has had a love for the written word. For poetry and the essence of speaking in public. I can remember her reciting to me poetry that she had memorized when she was a young girl plus the stem of my mother reading at least 10 books a night-- I took it all in and since then words just hold a special place within me. There are so many billion ways you can use to form them. And from that I started collecting quotes. Some collect stamps...I collect quotes. So whenever I read something from a book or a line from a movie or poem, if it lights a "spark" to me then it goes in the quote book.

{Fact Number 2}
Basketball. I LOVE watching a basketball game. Though be for warned, I get loud! Every year the very day after Christmas our civic center puts on the Arbys classic high school basketball tournament. We have HS basketball teams come from ALL over. Germany.Bahamas. Rome. Plus all the groups around the area who register in the high ranking score. I get so excited and rush to buy the play book and see which teams are here and buy a pass for the week. I bet your thinking "Who would have thought?" There is a glory in watching players come together as a team and fight for the next shoot and turn boys into men. A passion for dribbling a ball. I played one year in school and NO I admit I'm not great. I'm short so what do you expect but I CAN shoot the ball from all sides and make it. Next time your at my house...Notice the basketball goal up?

{Fact Number 3}
A Weakness for Men playing the piano or guitar. Oh Hummm...What more to say? They just make me go a little weak at the knees or have an extremely goofy grin. I HEART any song done acoustic OR a guy who can play a long love balled on the piano. Literally any man who can do one or both already has some MAJOR high points.

{Fact Number 4}
Instrumentals & Opera. My taste in music is so LONNNGGG but alot of the times I find sitting in the living room when I have ALOT on my mind and just listening to the instrumentals from movie soundtracks. In a way they make me think better. Focus. When ever you watch a movie Have you ever listened to the music playing in the background? I do and some of my favorites comes from the new Pride & Prejudice movie. Titanic theme song done on the piano with no vocals. The movie Notebook arrangements. And then comes Opera. The only area my mother and me never agreed on but Nessun Dorma....PURE BLISS! I just think of all the wonderful beauties on this earth and I'm not just talking about the earth itself...the cultures, arts, all stimulated by higher meaning and in Opera...You feel it!




{Fact Number 5}
Matching Freak. Alright, this one I'm so OCD about it REALLY drives me insane but I cannot stand to not match. In everything! Let me repeat---EVERYTHING HAS TO MATCH! Clothes MUST MATCH! Right colors with the right color flow to the shoes etc... It will drive me crazy if it doesn't. When ever I working on redoing a room, I have to sit down and do a color board and figure out how everything is going to flow. With my purse, my wallet and makeup bag have to match the bag or inside color. Same goes for my luggage--has to match. Example: Look at the picture of my kitchen cabinets--Notice how there's not random dishes? Reason being if they don't match I cant function. This fact seems almost like a confession but so true. I don't just want my plates to be nice for people who come to dinner, I'm the one who sees them everyday and if there is a mixed matched one in the bunch it goes AWAY! And I mean this in EVERYTHING! What ever it is-- it has to match with what ever it goes with.

I tag Leah, Kristy, & Jenny S.

2 Lovely FeedBack:

The Larsen's said...

Jenny finally got a blog!!! Now if we can just get her to write something!!!!

Heather said...

Tierra you are too cute. I am the same way with my dishes. It drives me crazy if they are not put together. Kurt will put the dishes away and they are all over the place but I can't complain at least he does the dishes.