Thursday, October 16, 2008

Say.

Say what you need to Say…
I miss my mom.

I miss my mom saying my name
I miss my mom’s spaghetti
I miss my moms cup of hot chocolate. I’ll spend the rest of my life without ever having her cup.
I miss my moms hands. She had beautiful finger nails
I miss the sound of her foot steps
I miss getting ready to the sound of her voice in her room by the bath room
I miss my mom’s hugs
I miss my mom’s prayers
I miss my mom's love for her favorite soap operas
I miss pushing her in her will chair around the mall
I miss my mom pointing out different clothes for me to try on
I miss my mom asking me what perfume I was wearing
I miss my mom telling me she liked my shampoo
I miss my mom listening to new songs I would rock out to in the kitchen
I miss my mom running into things at Wal-Mart
I miss the smell of her hair
I miss her falling asleep while sitting up in bed

I miss passing her bedroom door and seeing her read the Book of Mormon
I miss sneaking into her room and scaring her to wake her up
I miss hearing her argue on the telephone
I miss the laughter in her voice when her best girl friends would call and I would see my mother become like me when I’m on the phone with my girlfriends
I miss my mothers faith in me
I miss my mother telling me to remember who you are
I miss my mom dancing with my cousins
I miss twirling in a new outfit for her on Sunday
I miss my mom in her room, Head phones on and rockin out to her music
I miss my mother saying good night
I miss the smooth touch of her cheeks
I miss kissing her goodnight
I miss me and my cousins all climbing into bed with her and watching a movie or talking about whose dating who
I miss my mom holding my hands
I miss not showing her any new favorite movies
I miss not being able to make her read Twilight
I miss not being able to talk her head off about Twilight
I miss brushing her hair
I miss driving with her in the car and her fussing over my driving or not locking the car doors
I miss seeing my mom sitting in her bed
I miss my mom watching TV
I miss my moms grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
I miss my moms thrill for Halloween
I miss seeing my nephews eyes light up brighter then the stars when he saw her coming through the door
I miss hearing her argue with her brothers and sisters
I miss my moms eyes

I miss my Mom.
Say what you need to say….

5 Lovely FeedBack:

Heather said...

What a sweet and tender post. Tierra you made me cry. I love that it is the simple things that you miss about your mother.

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Thank you, what a wonderful post.

It's only when things are gone, that we really know their ture worth.

You have taught me to never wait to tell someone how important they are, and how much you love them.

I pray I can love everyone today, as much as you love your mom.

I love you T. You are a dear friend to me. I will always have your back. =) I will always be your friend, and not just when I need you....BUT always.

xoxo

Kathy Finch said...

I needed a good cry --- thanks.
I MISS MY MOM TOO! it has been a year ago this past week. and I really, really miss that woman.
Does the pain ever go away?

Ann Marie said...

LOVE THE POST!!
I don't think it's possible to read this, and not tear up.. You can feel your sincerity and LOVE in your words..

It makes me want to be a better wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, and well.. Woman!!

Thanks for the sweet reminder to cherish EVERYTHING we have and see each day. Take care.. Ann

Anonymous said...

A most wonderful tribute to your mom. She is looking down and smiling sweet girl. I wish she were here with us and that you did not have to write such longing words. She loved you so very much. You were her world. I miss her too as my friend,my soul friend.
If you ever need me,I am here.

Love,
Deb