Tuesday, October 21, 2008

100th {Dear Future Hubby}

This is my 100th post! And you know what…For days I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what I should blog about; it being my 100th is a very exciting step! So last night as I lay lying in my bed with some major decisions turning around and around, it finally dawned on me that I’m going to talk about YOU! That’s right…YOU! I hope you feel special. Aww lets see….Where to begin. My life right now is an interesting thing, Every time I log into my face book account someone new has turned up either engaged or married or announcing their first child. May I just say how ANNOYING this is! I mean come on…every single time I log on??? So, of course it just makes a girl start to wonder where does she stand amongst all this? You know where?? Going to TOO MANY bridal and baby showers that’s where. True, I do love weddings and therefore have loved going to different friends wedding receptions…I even save the announcements in my little collectors box but here lately As I approach my 23rd birthday I’m finally starting to get that itch. You know that itch where it’s ….OK AM I CHOP LIVER! Phew! I just had to let that out. I mean I still think 23 is pretty darn Young to be married but I’m just saying…If you’d like to start thinking about taking the big plunge ….I think I’m ready to negotiate. Here’s some things you might like to know.

On a first date I’m going to be VERY nervous. My hands sweat and it’s really embarrassing but true. So bring some Kleenex for the car ride. I’m going to need it. Two, I tend to chatter on the most pointless issues in my opinion but inside I’m dying for you to start asking good serious conversation starters So I can move on from talking about stupid chatter. Three, If your wearing really nice cologne but not to strong…Oh boy…I might need a moment to collect myself. Four, you how they say never do a dinner & a movie first…Well I LOVE repeat LOVE going to the movies and then out to dinner. But, please don’t try to hold my hand just yet… I would need to make a run to the bathroom and wash my hands because their probably still sweating. Sad but true.


Ok if we have made it to the point where were riding in a car and I’m not to embarrassed to sing along to the radio like I would If I was by myself…THIS IS A GOOD SIGN! It means I’m completely comfortable around you. Possibly my hands aren’t so sweaty. Even better sign. By then you would have realized my obsession for Twilight. That I tend to be late but that I always have good intentions. You probably have helped me find my glasses at least 200 times and maybe even promised to buy me a tracker device to put on them for Christmas. Something I’ll clue you in on is that my FAVORITE slow dance song is Missing You by Tyler Hilton.
So if everything in my mind is the green light go--- meaning my bishop, stake president, sisters in Relief Society, Close girlfriends -which range in the 30s-plus their husbands find NO fault with you…. You probably passed with flying colors with my aunt Carolyn. If you like golf, well that does it for Lee. And for my nephew…if you like video games then there was never a test to begin with. I’ll then finally throw you to my Aunt Charlotte. I make NO apologies to what ever comes out of her mouth. Just suck it up and get used to it
.
If You have passed all levels of family meetings--Girlfriends Summoning you up and down, Tierra’s hands not sweating…I think we Might be on to something….This has been such an endearing letter. May it find you Well & Handsome. Really though, Please take great care and umm…your future wife is getting a little bit tired over here in the corner. ~Tierra


Ring


Proposal

Marriage

5 Lovely FeedBack:

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

Your future husband will truely be lucky to have you! You have been a wonderful friend and I know you will be an even better wife to that special someone who is searching for you also! Just don't settle for second best!

Heather said...

Tierra I love you. I really love to read your posts you do. This one was really neat to read. Girl I felt the same way you did. When is it going to be my turn? I didn't get married until I was 25 and it was not in view when I was 23. Don't worry you are a fun and beautiful person and you deserve the right guy. He will come when you least expect it.

Ann Marie said...

What a sweet post to your future Edward.. :) He will love reading it oneday.. ~ And he will have it way easy knowing what Temple and ring and such you want.. Your making things too easy girl..

You wanna know what I think?? I'm sure you don't, but I will share anyways.. I THINK you need to take a trip to Utah, and/or Idaho and meet some more fish in the sea.

Then, you can go back home and live happily ever after..
Who knows.. Mr future Husband may end up in Idaho or Utah now, but be from DC or something... You never know... :)

Anonymous said...

Go on the temple trip and meet some singles in that area I'm tellin ya that might just be the thing . . .

TLC said...

Question--Who was the annonymous comment?? Just curious because only few know about the temple trip coming up and know that I'm debating on going...Ok Speak up!!!
Jenny B. Was this you??? Arie???