Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Costume & Ward Social

Halloween do you know how much I simply adore you? Well, I love you SoOOooOOoo much that back in 1985 right after Halloween night, I came into the world 5 days later just share you so close to my Birthday. I love the costumes, the music, the colors, and especially...My Ward Chili Cook off & Trunk or Treat. That night there's simply family unity that always brings magic to my soul. The full thrill & chills to the bones galore! So as I announced in previous post my costume was going to be a witch this year. I had so much fun laying in my bed at night thinking up my costume attire. For I was not going to be any old witch. I had to be one Tierra style meaning...SNAZZY.

As for my handsome nephew this year we had a little dilemma. He wanted to be Darth Vader, I wanted him to be a Vampire. I must admit with much heartache that I'm turning into my mother {AWWWWWWWWW!!!!} I would pick him up for school and plea with him to be a vampire {just like my mother one year wanted me to be a proper nursery rhymes character and I simply wanted to be Cinderella} BUT to NO avail Darth Vader it is {yuck!}
Then a little Halloween luck stepped in the way with a compromise--Our Ward Chili dinner & Trunk or Treat was this past Friday and his costume would not be in until today {I found this out last Tuesday} So that meant he would need a costume for Friday night { HaHa} So off I went to Wal-Mart and bought all materials for his and my costume. Remember me saying that my sewing machine broke...Well it broke while I was sewing his vampire cape late Thursday night {Bad Sewing Machine} That's when my phone call to Amber took place early Friday morning with a rush to her house to finish the project. OH I JUST CANT TELL YOU ENOUGH how PROUD I am of myself for pulling this cape off. I used NO -repeat- NOOO pattern on this and had very Little time to spare. Edward Cullen you might have brought sexy back in 1908 but step aside Edward because my little guy has been bringing sexy back all the days of his life. With out further adieu I give you my very own "Sexy Dazzling Vampire". {Oh and my costume too}


Tierra's Witch Attire ~ Halloween 2008




Angelus's Cape & Vampire Pictures







My cousins Adorable little Skeletons were so sweet. She's pregnant with her third and this time I'm REALLY hoping for a girl!


My Friends were PARTY POOPERS this Year! I'm the only one dressed up! You'll be so sorry ladies!


One of my favorite things about Halloween is making treat bags. Why be boring and simply hand a piece or two of candy? We all know that we go for the goody bags first! Unfortunately we had to have are Trunk or Treat inside this year because of rain. But, WE were a hit!

I signed up to make cupcakes this year for the cupcake walk. They turned out so spooky! I got to use my decoraters tips I received last Christmas! They were German Chocolate spider cupcakes with Chocolate Butter Cream icing! I was really hoping to have at least a few to take home because there were a lot of ladies to sign up but all were taken when it was over :(


Despite the rain, Party pooper girlfriends, and a VERY unexpected surprise in a visitor...It was a wonderful night. And It's still not over...Halloween is this Friday so hopefully I'll remember to get a picture of me dressed up plus pictures of Darth Vader. And Girlie's...I expect you to be dressing up or I'll resort to telling embarrassing tales from our Teenage years and I'll even post it on Facebook LOL

5 Lovely FeedBack:

Heather said...

Cute costume!
Great job on his cape. That is an awesome vampire cape.
You did a great job on the cupcakes. They looked cute and yummy!

Heather said...

I love your witch costume. I love the tights! :)

Nicole said...

I was wondering who made the spider cupcakes, they were really cute!

Ann Marie said...

I LOVE it ALL! Love your witch costume, the vampire, (which I am amazed at your sewing skills ) loved the shout out to Edward, the pictures, and oh.. your adorable cupcakes. I love that you never rush things like me.. Everything is always thought out and planned.
Your a very talented girl!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I wrote you back on mine, but just in case you don't go back to it, I am soo grateful we are friends! You are such a fun girl, and I miss our phone calls too. I can't wait to meet you oneday, and have fun in person! If you will ever come to Utah for a visit, then I will take you to Gardner Village! Oh, there's lots of places to go, and things to see!
Love ya, Ann

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Both of your costumes were wonderful. I'm so glad that you did this post because I was confused. I told Angelus on Friday that I really liked his costume and he said, "Thanks, I'm Darth Vader." LOL