Monday, July 28, 2008

Domestic

Here lately, Something has been up with me! And that something is cooking/baking--Something I DONT do that often--Maybe it's something in the weather or maybe it's all of my married friends that I have around me that has gotten me itching too brush up on my cooking skills, After all...I did catch that bouquet at Jenny's reception! So in Tierra's little kitchen world, I have been trying out recipes left & right! Anyway, a few years back my cousin Alexa brought to our family thanksgiving a pie that was sinfully out of this world! Ever since then I've made sure that that pie was a repeat for all Thanksgiving dinners. Again I repeat it's sinfully rich RICH and sinfully delicious! So without further ado...I give you Kentucky Derby Pie. Completely home made from scratch by Tierra herself! It's loaded w/ lots of chocolate chips and in my opinion taste like a big chocolate chip cookie and I L.O.V.E it! Of course I have provided pictures to share and my testimony that this baby will put the pound on you in an ever so sinful happy way.


Kentucky Derby Pie or Derby Chocolate Pie
3 eggs lightly beaten. 1 cup Light Corn Syrup. 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed. 1 cup mini Pecan Pieces. 1/4 tsp Salt. 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla. 6 oz cup Chocolate Chips. 1 9 inch Deep Dish Frozen Pie Shell.


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into Pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Out of oven let stand 8 minutes. Serve w/ choice of Ice Cream or Whip Cream.




I made this on Saturday and this is what's left!

3 Lovely FeedBack:

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

I want to reach thru the computer and eat ever last bit of your pie. It looks very yummy. You did such a good job. You'll have to bring another one to our "bucket" party. =)

-Leah

Heather said...

You are too cute. I love it. I will have to write this recipe down and try it. It looks good. Yum! Yum!

Ann Marie said...

Hello Tierra Lynne!
Blog stalker?? What the crap? We all check out others blogs. I'm actually flattered. I've checked out yours before too. Anyone that Leah and Heather like is cool with me to!

I've wanted to do a post so bad about twilight. I'm trying to hold off and be patient though. I have just started the books for the first time last week. I ripped through the books quite fast for me, and only have 4 chapters left in Eclipse. I almost don't want to end it because then I won't have a book to read. I have lots of opinions about it all, and am embarrased to admit that I'm scared to read breaking dawn. I so want Bella and Edward together.
Did you see the new Stephanie Meyer spoiler today? If not go to my friends link on my sidebar Everything me. Even though the spoiler gets my hopes up, I worry that there is alot of Jacob lovers out there, and it would be tragic for me to see it all end a way that I don't want it to. I know it's lame, because it's only a book, but I'm a sucker for happy endings. :)

Well, now that I have written you a novel.. (sorry) I hope you enjoy the book!
I will have to check out your blog later when I have more time.
Thanks for introducing yourself!
Hug Leah for me! ~ Ann Marie