Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Time Travelers Wife



By popular demand I am writing this small review of The Time Travelers Wife.
I don't really prefer to give reviews on anything because 9/10 my opinion will most likely be different then most people. However, since you all have asked for what I thought, here goes.
This will be short and simple.

First, I read the book. As for the book goes I do not recommend this book to ANYONE under 18 yrs. old. I loved the book and was disappointed in the book at the same time. Henry & Clare's love story is a very sweet, touching yet very dark and dramatic love story. And had me in major tears by the last chapter.
The movie for those who have read the book, it kept a very close line to the story. In a good way as you should understand. It brought out the essence of their love story and all the things I didn't like from the book, I was very happy to see was NOT in the movie.

Now, for the final thought...you need to understand this. Henry time travels. It is a rare brain/cell condition and he cannot control it. It's something that the book and movie portray as very serious in nature. When he does, he cannot control it and when he travels he cannot take anything with him. Meaning ANYTHING at all so in the movie you will see Henry's {Eric Bana} backside 3 times as he time travels and has to search for clothing.

The movie is rated Pg-13 and I was happy with how they told the story. This is not a light love story. By the ending, even though I knew what was coming...I was still in tears with every emotion the actors faces portrayed on the screen. So, ladies...tread carefully with a box of kleenexes.

Do I recommend this for teenagers? If you seen the Notebook...
Very light language and 3 shots of Henry's backside. Along with traumatic events. So yes ladies...this is not a light chic flick. I do not want to paint this as a bad movie...I was very pleased with how they did it...I just don't want you to think this is a walk in the park "wedding planner" chick flick.

I know I will see this movie again.