Monday, August 3, 2009

Soul Mates?


Weeks ago, as you can tell on the sidebar ----> I did a poll on Soul Mates. Do you believe we have one? Are we compatible with others? Or is it just plain fairy tale make believe?
For me, I bounce back and forth on the first two answers. I just cannot believe that in this life we have absolutely no one that could make this time the truest it can be.

I, Tierra Lynne Coleman am a romantic sap. I always crave for a sweet endearing love story and whatever it is whether in movies or books...If it doesn't have a constant love interest or storyline, I won't watch it/read it etc etc...I believe that love is this earths most difficult and purest emotion. It can break you. It can heal you. In any shape or form love comes in all different directions.

As I struggle with the theory of One Soul, one person for us in this lifetime or the possibility to simply find someone, dedicate your self to commitment and live righteously and have a happy life...I wonder what your take is on it?
::Comments open::

6 Lovely FeedBack:

Sondra said...

Really??? Comments open??? Yeah!!!

As a single woman I really struggle with this too. I just never found the "soul mate" - but I hope one day I do.

I never want to lose the faith that it will happen.

I see it all around me - those lucky women who have found those wonderful men who really love and adore them. I know it happens.. But why then, is it soooo difficult for us?

This may be tooo much information.. but my 1st son's dad whom I loved to death ended up being gay. I married a man who proposed to me 1 month after dating him with only a 2 week engagement. I went in way to quick before I really got to know him. I was foolish, but was 31 and really wanted to get married. I rushed into a bad situation.

Whatever you do - be wise. Don't rush into something. Pray hard for an answer. I do believe fairy tales come true and hope it will for me and you.

Shayla said...

I 100% believe that my pookie pie is my other half, fully completing me... BUT I also believe that if anything should ever happen to him, I would be able to find love again. There is simply no time in this life to figure which of the two were my "soul mate" so I'm happy with the one I am sealed to for eternity :)
Your love story will be magnificent Miss Tierra, I just know it.

Ann Marie said...

Yay!! Comments again!
How are you girl? Good? It's a good thing you call me on the phone sometimes or this comment thing would really bite. Ya know...

I believe in soul mates. Do I believe in just one.. No... Because I have had 2 myself. Unfortunately.. one of the parts of making a perfect marriage "perfect" is that both people have to work to make it that way. But since we all have free agency.. sometimes a spouse chooses to take a different path and it can ruin a marriage...

I have found LOVE *MULTIPLE* times in my life.. but only 2 of the men that I loved dearly -- were so compatable.. so perfect.. such a great balance to me that I seriously felt like we connect at the soul....

I am grateful that I am married to my soul mate. I hope to be with Chad forever. I hope that we will strive to keep the covenants that we made in the temple so that we may be together forever...

You are an amazing girl with lots of pretty, and many talents.. There will one day be a guy to sweep you off your feet.. I know it. You've just got to come to Utah.. J/k. Kinda..

Suzanne said...

Do I believe in soul mates? Hmmm.....honestly, no! I think the fairy tale stories never really tell the real thing. The moment after when you have to find a deeper love than just the dating twitterpated feelings. Can you love more than one person? Yes, love comes in all depths and to find someone that is willing to put the work in that you are into the relationship is priceless. I prefer to find my eternal companion over a soul mate. -Suzanne

RatalieNose said...

Yay comments!!!
Okay I think that there several people on this earth that we could be happy with. Because what if your supposed soul mate is killed before you two can meet? Heavenly Father loves us too much to leave us all alone. Plus, in a marriage, if you put Christ above everything else, the marriage will work.

CB said...

I believe there are many people out there who could make us happy and many that we could make happy.
Love is a beautiful thing!

Someone becomes your soul-mate when you fall in love with them and then realize that you cannot live without each other - but I do not think it is just one person for everybody!