Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home


{Seeing our BEAUTIFUL Tennessee Mountains on the drive back...let me know that I was "Home"}

Home. I am Home. What a sweet feeling it is to go away for a weekend trip with a great friend and then come home to a warm welcome with a dinner cooked, house cleaned and just the pure essence of family love and knowing you were missed.

I can say we both had a lovely time visiting with Kristy's cousins and I adored them all. They were so welcoming and fed us to the extreme. Laughter and pool time {and the sticky Georgia heat--i shall never complain of TN heat} and lot's of girl talk! Thanks Kristy for inviting me and being able to get to know your cousins for the weekend.

I know for a fact that both me and Kristy are home bodies. We were both just alittle bit homesick and was happy for the time spent to get away but we were more excited for our arrival home. Last night, on mine and Kristy's final night in the hotel, both of us fresh from hot showers and headed to bed....

We had the TV on.
We were flipping through the channels and came across a TV concert of Michael Buble.
I LOVE me some Michael Buble soul. He began to sing the song "Home" and I couldn't help but think that he hit the feeling right on the nail as i set and just listened.

Home.
I was headed home
.
As I set reading to get to sleep my thoughts kept thinking how blessed I am that I can go away for a great weekend but know that I have home to go back too.

6 Lovely FeedBack:

CB said...

Beautiful picture!
I have never been to your part of the country. I would love to visit because pictures like this make me think i am really missing out on a beautiful place!!

Glad you had a fun time!

Ann Marie said...

I'm glad your home also!

We had a girls night on Saturday, and lots of bloggy girls were there! Someone asked " So when's Tierra going to come out?"

You really need to this next year!

I admit.. I like a few of Buble's songs.. but I'm not a HUGE fan.
I know.. everyone LOVES him.

Shayla said...

So cliche but I must~ There is NO place like home.
Aaaaand, I ♥ Michael Buble.
If I am ever that way, I must see those beautiful mountains... and you :)

Suzanne said...

Mmmmmmm! I love me some Buble!! Thanks for sharing that! The picture is absolutely lovely! I have never been to Tennesee! Beautiful Country! Glad you are home and safe! -Suzanne

RatalieNose said...

Oh Mr. Buble....you make my heart sing!!! I know how you feel about this song!! Two summers ago when I was in Paris, this song was always running through my mind, and just this past summer when i was at Chinese camp the same happened. Oh how blessed we are! Thanks for this reminder! I"ve been quite exasperated with my family lately, I needed this.

Heather said...

I like to be home too. I am glad you had a great time. I love the picture you took above, beautiful!