Friday, August 28, 2009

Moments of Love & Family






Tonight, my family and I celebrated my younger and beautiful cousin Alexa's wedding. She married Shane. And Shane...fits right in. My song, without tooting my own horn went great as in no cracking, no fainting, no dry mouth, no missed notes, with only just a touch of shaky hands & legs from me. All in all...I was pleased. Can I say that? Oh well...I am.

PLEASE don't ask me where the wedding pictures are...my feet hurt WAY TO BAD to find my camera cord or even try to arrange them on blogger.

For now, these are photos of our BEAUTIFUL Historic Bristol Train Station where the reception was held. It's Stunning! It over looks our amazing city of lights sign that represents our city set between two states. Who says you can't be in two places at once? There wrong. We do it all the time. The train station was built in the 1920's and me and my cousins went walking on the long board walk and imagined what it must have been like during the wars when women stood there on the long train dock and waved them goodbye.

My family...I love being able to see us all laugh and eat and dance. Even my aunts got out on the dance floor. It was a "moment" and one that led my feet to just keep on dancing.
We laughed, we loved, we ate, we sang {loudly}, we toasted the bride and groom, we ate cake and BOY howdy did we dance! !! ! !! !
For now...I'm going to go bed/read... my feet hurt.

5 Lovely FeedBack:

RatalieNose said...

Dude, my motto is this: "It aint bragging if it's true!" So glad your song went well!!
What a cool building! Kinda reminds me of this museum in paris that used to be a train station...
Family time is the best!

Anonymous said...

THAT is beautiful. What a lovely venue.

Ann Marie said...

What 2 states is the station in?
I love the building, and the night sounds spectacular!!

So glad the song went well!
Your lucky that all you get is shaky legs.. I would get Diahrea.

TLC said...

The Station is on the VA side and if you look at the second pictire, you'll see the sign.

VIrginia/Tennessee
I live on the TN side and my house is just minutes from the train station.

Heather said...

That station is beautiful. No wonder they hold weddings there.