Saturday, August 15, 2009

Angelus

In the midst of our lives, we need to find the magic that makes our souls soar.
{thanks kimmie for this quote}







He makes my soul soar.

Growing up I can remember my momma doing the spur of the moment "moments" of "just because" Like going out for ice cream just because we could or picking me up early from school for no reason other then that she missed me and wanted to go get a late lunch. I hope to be that kind of mom someday. But, for now...I'll settle for being that aunt.

Tonight, it was getting dark and it had been a beautiful stunning sunny day. Angelus, my nephew, started back to school this past week. And as I was watching him in my rear view mirror, the thought came to me...Smores. We needed to make smores. Just because we could. So I switched lanes an headed to the store instead of home.
I hope with all my heart that whether your a mom, or an aunt...You will find the time for a "just because" moment. To find that magic of what being a mom or an aunt really means. If your day has been long or too hard..do a "just because" moment. I promise it will make your soul soar.

You know why? Just because you can.

7 Lovely FeedBack:

RatalieNose said...

Um LOVE this!!!
SO SO true!!!!
I LOVE being an aunt!
Last night I was making my neieces and nephew mac and cheese for dinner and Abigail and Avery had their hearts set on being my helpers so the three of us cooked together!

Kimmie said...

I LOVE this!! Yes, it really is all of the little "just because" moments that make life memorable!

I loved hearing your memories from your mom about getting ice cream "just because" or picking you up early from school because she missed you! That is so sweet and touching!

I think some of my fondest memories have been spur of the moment events!

You are an amazing aunt and how sweet that you went to the store and got things to make smores' instead of going home! That will be a wonderful memory for Angelus!

You teach me SO much and I want to be a better person because of things that I read that you do for others. You a Christ-like example to me!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Miss Megan said...

So true! I haven't flexed my spontaneous muscle in a while!

Miss Megan said...

P.S. Thanks for the review of Time Traveler's Wife. I think my sister and I are going to see it this week, and then I plan on reading the book. Bittersweet romances are my favorite, so this sounds right up my alley. Plus, a naked Eric Bana? Hell yeah! Bring on the gorgeous men! Woot!

Ann Marie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only Mom in the world who has taken their child out of school "just because".

I think it's so sweet that you love him so much.. Not every aunt is like you are.. and he is a lucky guy to have YOU!

MMMMM.. Smores.
( although I prefer them a little less burned.. he-he )

I'm off to read your movie review!

Sondra said...

Take you out of school because she missed you? Holy cow!! I can't even imagine doing that... but after all - working mom - couldn't do something like that.

It really shows a Mom's love for their dear child. I need to be more of a "spur of the moment" and "just because" person.

I think you are a wonderful auntie.. You can tell he loves you a bunch. Smores - Yum!

Thanks for the review on the Time Travelers Wife. I have been reading the review from the critics too - and they say the same thing about the intensity of the romance and the tear jerker. I'm glad you liked it and they didn't put in the bad parts from the book.

Have a happy day!

Heather said...

What a beautiful post!

You are going to make such a fun mom. You already are to your nephew.

I will have to more of those "just because" moments.