Friday, April 24, 2009

The Magic of an Ordinary Day


The last two days have been lovely.
Pure Sunshine.
So, to the front porch we go.
As a true Tennessee girl, I am in full favor that life can’t get any better then a bright sunny day, with a cool light breeze blowing your hair lightly up as you sway back and forth on your wicker swing, front porch style.
Everyone should have a front porch with a wicker swing.
All day, it was just the simple magic’s of an ordinary day.
Cute Sun dresses. Out to lunch. Light shopping. A long walk in the evening followed by ice-cream cones with a cute stud.

Today, this was what it was all about for me.

10 Lovely FeedBack:

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

ya know, I want a porch swing. We have a swing in the back yard, but it is "dying". The support straps are giving away, we have to be very careful where we sit so we don't fall through. One day I want a porch swing, and my flowers blooming and the soft breeze. my kids playing on the grass or blowing bubbles or laughing and giggling.

Today has been a hard day for me, a friend of mine lost a baby today. So this post, and image feels very soothing right now. `glad you'd share your swing with us for a moment...

Kimmie said...

I don't have a porch swing, but I do have a bench on my porch and I LOVE the moment that the weather gets nice in Idaho because we eat many a breakfasts and lunches and just have LOTS of PORCH TIME talking, enjoying the smells and ever changing plants and trees in our yard. It's one of my places to be.

Lucky you to get to be in Tennessee and have such amazing weather the majority of the time and to be near such awesome beauty and places to enjoy and see!

It is pure heaven! What an boy you got to enjoy ice cream with on your porch swing!!

Amber F said...

Ahhh! Spring! I have to agree with you on this one Tierra! I have truely enjoyed the weather the last couple of days. Now if only I could manage to get a little sun on my poor pale legs...

Anonymous said...

I had one of your porch swing moments today but I was in a graveyard. Today is the best day which is so weird for me and I have no reason why I just feel so amazing right now. I took over three hundred pictures today believe it or not. I haven't done anything like that in a looooonnnnnnnnggggggggg while. It seems like I can never get a hold of you this week. You're going to die laughing when you hear my funny story about last night and how hysterical I was then.

Oh and your word verification thing it still hates me . . . no real word, again.

Ann Marie said...

I want a wicker porch swing!
Lovely post.. Hows about showing us some Tennessee spring?

Heather said...

I would love to have a porch with a swing on it. How relaxing. I love to relax. It is one of my favorite past times.

Kimmie said...

PS....I just noticed I forgot to finish a word on my last comment....I meant to say: "What an adorable boy you got to enjoy ice cream with on your porch swing"!

It's amazing how the "little things" in life are really the BIG things that make it all worth while!!!

Enjoy! Thanks for sharing such a priceless photo and great post!

Miss Megan said...

I have told my husband that when we can finally afford it I want a swing for our porch! I agree, there is something so soothing and peaceful about being outdoors in a relaxed and meditative place. P.S. I'm headed to Old Navy tomorrow to buy some summer dresses for my vacation trip next week! Yay!

Sit A Spell said...

Sounds like my kinda day! As a matter of fact hop on over and see a photo on my last post. I love porch swings...mines wooden but I love it! TN is a great state to be on the porch...it's just now getting warm up here in MI. My brother lives in TN...sure wish I did! Some day this southern girl will get to return home. For now, I will enjoy my porch swings in the north...many times wearing a coat! Yes, I said swingS...I have one on the back porch too.

{Mo} said...

I always wanted a big front porch, but with the house plan we picked we just couldn't make it work. We did add a big covered patio off the back of our house and I love it....it's not a porch, but it's pretty close. I love to go out and sit at the table or on the swing and watch the kids play and jump on tramp. Now only if the wind, rain and snow would stop here and we could enjoy SPRING!
Sorry I keep missing you :(