Monday, August 11, 2008

Series of Events

08.07.08
As promised here is a peek in what I was up to this past week! On Thursday, Some of us girlies got together and went out to eat and then saw the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 movie.
As for the night, I had a GREAT time! We all need alittle girls night out once in while and I for one REALLY needed it! The food was great, the sisterhood of "us" was great and as for the movie...Well, I'd really like to tell ya that I loved it and it's soOo going in my vault of chic~flicks BUT it just didn't really excite me as the first one did. SPOILER* Lena & Costas do get back together, But it took the whole darn movie! To me the movie just skipped around alot and gave ya little bit into each one of the girls life and then would move on really quickly without REALLY going into the true feelings of each of the girls. I think over all there was just so much to cover
--for those who don't know, this is a book series and this movie was focusing on the last two books--that they just didn't have enough time to really get into what was happening. Would I watch it again? Sure, if someone wants to buy it an bring it over! Would I buy it? Sorry, Nope!
Over all between a C+ or a B- rating.


Side Note: When we were all in the theater waiting for the movie to start, the previews were on and it got REALLY --and I mean REALLY quiet for some reason. And then the music for the Twilight movie came on an all you heard was my HUGE gasp!!!! It was So funny! It was the first time I had seen the trailer on the big screen and everyone was trying to get me to be quiet! What can I say? I'm a Freak!

08.08.08
This day really was just awesome! I went on a date! Don't ya just love Friday night Dates? I don't know about some of you ladies BUT I got to spend a date with not 1 but 2 VERY handsome young men. All day at work I kept thinking..."Now what am I going to do this evening?" So when I got off, luck was on my side and had the pleasure of going back to the movies to see the new Mummy 3 movie that just came out with my little nephew and cousin Tanner. Now note to all you little girls out there that are calling Tanner already {Not to mention the little girls in my nephews kindergarten class} HANDS OFF! Leave them alone you silly little girls cause in my opinion...YOUR ALL JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR WILL BE! We had so so so much fun and I loved every minute of it! It's not every Friday that a girl gets fought over between who gets to sit next to you! We went all out! Even though movie and food prices are ridiculously stupid and high; We loaded up w/ drinks, Huge popcorn and of course CHOCOLATE! My dates held the door for me, sang LOUDLY in the car w/ me and even was asking if I was getting scared!
Tanner and Angelus I love you both dearly! Thanks for a terrific, fantastic, wonderful night! Plus the movie was awesome as well! Loved it better then the Mummy 2!



08.09.08
Next up, the Saturday was followed by going to WetLands Water Park! I went down their huge adult water slide at least 6 times...I think? My nephew started back to school today so this past Saturday we wanted to take him some place special for his last day of summer! He had so much fun and I love watching him smile. Not mention again BUT seriously I have the hottest little stud of a nephew around! The only downer was that I didn't have my Tanner w/ me! Me and Tanner just could not get along for the longest time and don't get me wrong, he can still be alittle pain {like most normal boy cousins} But now that he's 12 he's growing up and loves to hang out w/ me! He had Baseball practice so he missed out BUT was dearly missed! Summer fun has been great this year! Sun, Tan, Pools, Hamburgers...That's all we did that day.



{Click on Each of the pictures to enlarge for a better look}

3 Lovely FeedBack:

Ann Marie said...

No wonder there is no review! You've been very busy! I hope it all was fun...

Thanks for the movie review. I'll probably wait for DVD.

Heather said...

Too cute. I loved this post. You are so funny. I loved the part were you told the little girls to back off. LOL! Great job at creating your poster boards.

Heather said...

Oh I have to tell you. I just got to The HUNT part of twilight and I am hooked. I love it!