Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kitchen Redesign

Project Time. Ever Since my mom passed away I have been reluctant to fully take over my kitchen and put my own personal touch to it. Even though when she was alive I was constantly changing things but the main decor in the kitchen was still from her. Now, it's been alittle over a year and I'm starting to fill the urge to make the big changes.

So for yours and my entertainment I'm posting what my next project will be. Me and my projects! My visiting teacher Sis. Lindsey is always asking if I ever take a break! Nope! I've just always been one of those people who thrive on organizing or planning something. So, sorry mama but the Apples and the roosters just HAVE to come down! I can tell you right now if she was here we would be having a "intense" discussion on what would be her wants and my wants followed by me pouting. Since I'm pretty sure that a phone call wont reach her at the moment, She 'll just have to understand and except the fact that the call was too long a distance!

Starting next week, the painting process! If you really know me, then you know that I have HORRIBLE curse w/ paint colors. In others words I always pick a color and hate it after it's up. My room last year was 5 colors! And if it weren't for the fact that my dad would kill me, I'd still have him re due the color again! So help me out ladies, I want something between a dark beige and a light brown dust color.


I've chosen the samples to build my idea for the window treatments.

The whole inspirations comes from this sign here. I've always loved it and I've been looking for it everywhere! Leah, Any idea on how to make it? Help! Plus, I'm a sucker for plates, so the main dinner plates I bought at Target will be a focal point for one wall in the kitchen.

I'm not redoing our cabinets but to spruce them up a bit I'm re changing all handles. This one is not the exact one we bought but it's really close. The only difference is the gold part is not as shiny.

Everything else is the little touches I'm adding. So wish me luck every one and if I can get the paint color over and done with and actually fully approve once its on, the hard part will be over. I'll start posting the finally process. After that.

3 Lovely FeedBack:

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

YEPPIE...The first one to comment! Yes, my day just got so much better. I would love to have one of your old rosters, Please. I love your plans for a new kitchen! it's so you. when, if ever, i get a house, you'll have to help me.
xoxo love ya like a water bottle

Ann Marie said...

With paint, you always have to pick the color you like, and then go a shade lighter. They are always too dark for me. ~ And when I took classes on color, it really does affect your mood so you have to be careful. My whole house other than the kitchen is a light beige and it's called " Antique lace". I love it.

Your window treatments would both look great with the paint. Red in a kitchen = Appetizing!

I'll be jealous of your new project! I want new bathrooms!!!

Heather said...

Cute ideas! I can't wait to see the final product.