Friday, November 12, 2010

oooh and so it goes.....

i will bet you $1000 smackeroos THAT your day (yesterday) was not as thrilling (oh so thrilling) as mine.
trust me. no, like REALLY trust me! i thought about not posting this and had planned on posting either my birthday pictures or the biltmore trip i took the day after the birthday.....but isn't life just interesting how each day  takes on it's own....shall we say, sense of humor in a cruel cruel way??? you know...just to keep us on our toes, right? well, dear readers.....yesterday was that day for tierra. exhibit a: tierra leaves her glasses at a store an hour away from home. exhibit b: tierra locks her keys in the car three hours later after arriving late to work. exhibit c: (the kicker) tierras car breaks down smack dab in the middle of a three way stop at 2:20 AM (!!!) in a residential area and leaked transmission fluid  ALL THE WAY DOWN THE ROAD. exhibit d: tierra had the entire neighbor hood lit up like the fourth of july with police, ambulance, firetrucks, the tow truck,  ALL with their lights lighting up the neighbor hood like tierra's own personal block party except that she had NO attention of throwing it!!! {!!!!} exhibit e: it. was. freezing. exhibit f: she was in little flimsy ballet slippers standing on the side of the road for hours. exhibit g: the firemen had to pour & shovel 8 buckets of cat litter to soak up the oil before they would let the tow truck guy tow my car back to my house.

of course i will only mention that my car insurance road side assistance number took 45 minutes to even get through (I HATE COMPUTER/TELEPHONE answering machines} OR that they tried to argue that i had no towing insurance on my policy (which I do and I did) and had to keep me on hold for another 15 minutes to "re-look up" my policy (idiots!!!) before they would even authorize a towing. 


and to close...i did not get home and into my bed until 6ish in the morning. and oh yeah, the neighbors all came out to watch on their porches....Maybe next year I'll just send invites?

2 Lovely FeedBack:

Anonymous said...

Wow. My day was totally not as thrilling as yours. How crazy!

Ann Marie said...

Holy crap girl!!
That is a lot to take in!!
I hope you get rested up.. and the weekend is more calm and relaxed! XO