Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Craft {simple tutorial}

  every year with every hoilday season, the crafting/create zone sweeps over and i must give in. this year, i wanted to do something different. something that was easy and let's face it, cheap. and i know that this super simple craft has been traveling around the blog sphere tons {where do you think i got the idea?} but i at least wanted to show what i did with it.apothecary jars are so inspiring and yet so simple. but also, for the most part not that cheap. I have a few but when i saw this dollar tree craft to make my own .....$2 bucks! i was on board.



I went to michaels and found some orange/dark brown sweet grass and some dry organic wood stings to start the bottom layers. next came three handfuls of nuts {stolen from my aunt's nut jar....DONT tell her!} and then of course free pine cones from my local park. who doesn't love free stuff right? well...TA-DA!!! i love it! i'll reveal later this week just where they went.




4 Lovely FeedBack:

Amber F said...

Wow! Those look really good, and for such a great price too. Way to go Tierra!

Ann Marie said...

Way to be thrifty!!
Super cute idea!! :)

Heather said...

I so love it! I will have to go and do this one!

Jen Schultz said...

Great idea! I love apothecary jars too. I'll have to steal this one and excuse the minimal excuse by making it an FHE activity. lol Thanks!