Thursday, November 18, 2010

okay. i'm a royal watcher nerd. go figure!


well i guess you can see that i haven't kept my promise about posting my fall/mantle decor. i sorry. like really sorry. honestly. i blame it on the fact that there is a certain young man in my life that has completely taken over my brain/thoughts/thinking and all things in between sanity. he just might make it on this blog. maybe. will see. that is if he doesn't drive me nuts first! in the mean time, i just couldn't let this news topic go with out my two cents and stamp of approval. like aka prince william phone called a few weeks ago to make sure i was in complete agreement on his decision and i have had to sit with this news for awhile! and as we all know tierra can hardly hold anything in....{gasp!!} so i of course said he must definitely marry kate. i think she is quite lovely and of all the photos i have seen of her on magazine covers and such over the years, when they made their announcement and she walked out looking like that, i thought she hit it dead on! she looked amazing. her hair was just perfect and oh would i kill for her legs! i have always thought kate was an amazing dresser and i loved how the dress made the ring pop! i have heard a few comments on tv and several on facebook who find this news story ridiculous and that the fact that he gave her his mothers ring a "hand me down" {like some sapphire diamond ring is a hand me down? what a joke!}well excuse me people but i for one like to hear something exciting to look forward too and not some celebrity stepping out as gay or a Lindsey lohan disaster 24/7! i know good and well that the world is full of hard things. hard and cruel and dangerous things taking place on this land and over seas....but what in the freakin world is wrong about talking about two people who have been dating for years and announce that they would like to take it one step further? and oh yeah...to the person who put on my facebook page that prince Williams mothers ring is "recycled and probably cursed" ....dont you even dare make a statement like that to me again because my own mother who passed away left me her ring that was given to her by my father. their marriage ended in a divorce and she is gone as well.....but the ring to this day is my most cherished and special piece of jewelry i own. i have ALWAYS planned on wearing it on my wedding day because it represents the love that my parents once had. my parents may not have had the best relationship either dearie but my mother still loved the time and the good memories that she shared with my father. Hence the reason i was born. I was completely and utterly offended that you would make a comment about something that is neither here nor there for the matter. all you did was make yourself look immature. i don't ever recall asking for your opinion on this or anything else. keep your cynical thoughts and opinions to yourself or write it on your own page.

so to william on giving her your mothers ring. GOOD FOR YOU! i will be watching and rooting with bells on. oh how i just love a good wedding!!!

2 Lovely FeedBack:

Miss Megan said...

My mom stayed up all night to watch the royal wedding of Charles and Diana when I was just a little girl, so I come by my obsession with the British royal family honestly. I also think it's really sweet he gave her his mother's ring. Obviously she wanted him to have it to give to the woman he would choose. I'm just glad he finally got his act together and asked her before he went totally bald! And congrats to Kate for nabbing the world's most eligible bachelor!

Ann Marie said...

I LOVE yours and Megan's passion for this! :)

Kate is beautiful..and seems like a wonderful woman and I think William is a very good guy.. much like his Mother.. so this is wonderful news!!

Don't let the hates bug ya.
Go on.. be passionate!