Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Miracle for Catie

Tonight, as i sit and type this, I am completely ashamed at myself for how little I belittle all my blessings in this life. Since Sunday, my thoughts have been turning to one woman. To one family.
I have shared this story before but tonight I plead with you all to please keep this person in your prayers for as long as possible. Her name is Catie. Catie is the daughter to a very important family to mine and my home ward. To me personally President Dunn, Catie's father, baptised me when I was eight and was my families home teacher for 14 years. His Wife Jackie was my seminary teacher. Most importantly, their daughter Catie is a mother to three amazing little ones and wife to a loving husband. For Catie, time is running away and her cancer that she has been fighting so strong is completely taking over.



Catie's story is one that is every mother and families nightmare. In early 2007 we learned that Catie was pregnant with her third child and we were all excited for Catie & her husband. Shortly into her pregnancy they discovered a tumor growing in her left upper arm bone spreading further up. Needing to take action immediately, Catie and her husband were faced with the decision about the pregnancy. To Catie, there was no decision and immediately she carried the baby as far as she could till about 7 months.Now, after two long hard years, nothing is working. Catie has endured trips to St. Jude's and Duke University hospitals. All chemotherapy is not responding and now We plead for a miracle. My heart and the heart of our homeward is completely broken and all we ask is for a simple prayer. A prayer for the severe pain to go away. A prayer for them to enjoy the Christmas Holiday. But, most important, a prayer for a miracle. All catie wants is to raise her children and all we plead is to simply let that be.

9 Lovely FeedBack:

Anonymous said...

She and her family are in my prayers.

Aaron, Kristy, Emma & Autumn said...

We will keep her and her family in our prayers! She is a beautiful person and wonderful mother! Miracles do happen! We need to keep the faith!

Amanda "The Panda" Birchfield said...

This is completely heartbreaking. I will most definitely keep her & this beautiful family in my prayers.

Jenny Snyder said...

She desevers to be able to raise her kids..it breaks my heart..I will pray for a BIG miracle!!

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

I've had her on my mind and heart so heavily lately. I guess this is why. Her story breaks my heart. It is so hard to understand Heavenly Father's ways. My heart and prayers are with Catie and the whole family.

Miss Megan said...

Tierra! No, I haven't forgotten about you, I just always forget to check my private blogs (one of the down-sides to Google reader). Don't hate me! Just catching up on your life...I hope you are doing well, and I am very sorry to hear about your friend Catie. Lots of good wishes and blessings directed her way. P.S. Did you get my package in the mail? I hope you had a good Christmas! Love always - Meg xoxo

Heather said...

She will be in my prayers. My heart goes out to her and her family.

I can't believe I just saw this post. I didn't know that When you are a private blog it won't notify me on my side bar. I haven't gotten the whole following thing down either. I don't know if it updates me on that either.

CB said...

I had to come all the way down to this post to comment - Don't you feel sorry for me??? Well, Huh DO Ya??? !!! Ha Ha

Tierra - I miss you girl! I hope life is going great! I realize that at 24 blogging may not be your best friend but I love it when you update every once in awhile!!

Love your Cheetah themed birthday :D

Have a Wonderful Sunday!!!

Cherie

CB said...

P.S. New Moon comes out on Video next month and an Eclipse trailer will be out soon - Woot!