Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Breast Scare

Sometimes, i really forget that I'm old enough to have lumps in my breasts. I'm ashamed to say I really don't "check" myself that much. But, over the last few days, I had noticed a knot swell up on my lower right breast. To the point, it was very painful to touch, let alone wear a bra.
So, to keep this short, last night I went to the ER and had a mini lancing surgery at 2:30 am to have it opened and removed.

The pain, well let's just say it included a 5 inch needle to the breast bone and nerve. Enough said.

This is NOT cancer. It was a bacteria knot that can happen to any woman because our breast are so dense and is an easy target for bacteria to set in. They concluded that sense I work at the hospital, my body can assorb it more easily. To a note to ALL women, when you take a shower, use only an anti-bacterial soap. Especially in those areas. Trust me, you don't want that pain.

3 Lovely FeedBack:

Jenny Snyder said...

we need to get together to have some happy times to forget all that pain...well I know you can just pop in a happy pill and let the good times roll, but I want to see you.....Jackson talks about you all the time!!!

RatalieNose said...

Oh. My. Goodnes.
That is TERRIFYING!!!
I am SO glad you're okay!!!

Heather said...

Holy cow!! I am glad you are alright! I am so sorry you had to go through that pain.