Thursday, September 10, 2009

To the Biltmore I Go



Tomorrow, one of the biggest wishes and dreams I have ever had is coming true. Okay, that sounded REALLY cheesy but IT IS true. I live one hour and 1/2 away from where the Largest family Estate/ Mansion of America is and I HAVE NEVER BEEN. The year my school took a day trip to tour the estate and gardens...I was recovering from lower back surgery :(

Well, remember my friend Kristy who I tagged along with to Atlanta? Well, she is EVER so wonderful as to let me come with her and her step-mother to the
BILTMORE ESTATE.
Let me repeat that because as I'm writing this, I still slightly dont believe that I am actually going....
BILTMORE ESTATE I'M COMING!!!!!!!!!
If you don't know anything about the Biltmore Mansion or heaven forbid...never heard of it...
Let me enlighten you.

The Biltmore Estate was built and still owned by the Vanderbilts.
Work begin in 1889 and was Ready for Family to move in 1895 on Christmas Eve.
To this day it is the largest home in America.
125,000 Acre Estate
It has original Renoir Art
16th Century original tapestries
Napoleons Chess Set
Banquet Hall w/70 foot Ceiling
250 rooms
43 Bathrooms
65 Fireplaces
Three Kitchens
The first built indoor pool
Thousands of Century old Antiques
And my favorite part I'm dieing to see...
The Library with 10,000 Books
To read and learn more of where i will be tomorrow..
I HIGHLY recommend clicking here

I have my ticket and all day tomorrow will be touring room after room, gardens and SO VERY MUCH MORE of this stunning historic Estate.

5 Lovely FeedBack:

CB said...

I would love to visit there too! It looks fabulous - Hope you have a GREAT time!

{Mo} said...

I'm JEALOUS! I can't wait to hear all about it. ♥'s

Kimmie said...

My brother and sister-in-law live in Tennessee (the rest of the family lives in Idaho) and every time someone in the family goes out there to see them they take them to Dollywood, The Biltmore Mansion and the Smokey Mountains!

The Biltmore Mansion is an absolutely amazing building...I can't believe it was built so long ago and it had all those amenities. Unbelievable...can't wait to see it in real life myself!

I can't wait to hear about your "Dream come true" trip. I hope it was everything you hoped it would be!!

Have an Enjoyable Day!

RatalieNose said...

Oh that sounds glorious!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

Heather said...

I would like to go there myself. Wow! I hope you have a great time.