Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Biltmore Estate

Since I seem to have nothing but time on my hands...I uploaded all my pictures from the Biltmore. In one word "STUNNING". I know how people can be wealthy but THIS wealthy? IN-SANE. Everything was beautiful. Parlors, Breakfast rooms, Tapestries Rooms, Billiard Room, etc etc. SO MANY many MANY rooms with names! If I was ever a guest back then, I would have needed a GPS or at least some kind of map to get to and from places! NO LIE! They give you a map booklet just to get through it! Twist, turns, LONG massive hallways and Massive stairs. I kept saying "unbelievable" alot. But, sorry no pictures on the insides. They had security, cameras everywhere! But, at least I can say I have seen REAL Renoir art :)
For more detail and pictures inside of the Biltmore home go here Biltmore Estate






The detail was SO beautiful. The mansion expands over 4 acres of land.











The stable yard is now turned into gifts shops and market food places.
But, all of it was still in it's original form.







The gardens were SO beautiful. Dear future hubby...you could propose there if you want. Just sayin.






After touring the grounds and house, and a trip to the gift shops, we had lunch at the elegant Bistro. It was so pretty inside and it was one of those occasions that me and Kristy decided you just order something no matter the price. So, I just went for it! And it was delicious! !! !
SO Ladies...if you ever find yourself near Tennessee; Remember I'm only 1 hour and 1/2 from the Biltmore and it's a must MUST!

5 Lovely FeedBack:

Heather said...

First off, you look fabulous in your pictures. That place looks amazing. I will have to go and see it the next time I make it out there.

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

you took some really pretty pictures T.

The last time I was there, they were getting ready for a wedding. They had a tent set up in the court yard, sort of next to the goldfish ponds, it was breathtaking. Soooo PREATY. The groom and some of the groomsmen were having pictures taken by the entrance...WOW!! It was so pretty. Not like getting marrid at the Temple....but a second choice. ha,ha

I love the Biltmore, just wish it didn't cost $50+ to get in.

Me said...

Wow...I love the pics! If you love this, then you would be in heaven in Europe. There is so much detail there. I'm glad you got to somewhere, although I have to say that I'm disappointed it wasn't Utah ;-)!

CB said...

You always make me laugh with your little tips to your future husband. Tierra = The cutest ever!!!

I would love to visit the Biltmore. I think it is probably the closest thing the US has to one of the fance castles in Europe. It looks like a beautiful estate.
Love your pictures and you, my dear, are a doll!!!

Ann Marie said...

I will die. Dead.

This will be on my bucket list! ~ And I will make sure to go when I come visit you and Leah one day! :)

Love...Love...Love.