Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthday Recap

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures from Angelus's Birthday. The little man had a blast. His birthday this year was on a week day so we did a class party on the day of his birthday and then a family party the following Saturday. As traditions states, I ALWAYS take sugar cookies w/ a drop of the most color coded icing with a sticker stick of what ever theme we go with. I remember my mom always coming to class throughout my entire elementary yrs. and so I've been doing this for the last three for Angelus!













When Angelus got home from school that day...we made sure he had a few presents to open and then the rest we told him he'd just have to wait till Sat.



I saw this cute idea from a friends blog {thanks Ann} to where you take a medium small tin can and turn it into a birthday tin with all your favorite candies and such. He loved it! I filled it with glow sticks, dinosaur eggs that hatch and candy! I think this will be a new tradition! And SO easy. Just look in your cabinets and find something you don't use and clean out and go shopping at the dollar store!



One of the presents he got to unwrap was a shirt I made just for him with his name and Roman number VII/7 Again so EASY to do. Just buy a shirt, the iron packages from Wal-mart. Download a picture, print and iron on! BUT make sure you read the instructions! !! !



Of course...we had to go with a glorious fattening food city cake! !! ! Saturday we kept it low key this year with just family. Aunts, Uncles, Grannies, and all his favorite cousins. Lee & Mary--his parents--cooked killer food with shrimp, asparagus, pasta, sauteed mixed vegetables and mushrooms with a cream sauce base and shrimp cocktail galore! They are high class cooks if I do say so myself!



Again, Happy 7th Birthday baby!

4 Lovely FeedBack:

CB said...

He is an adorable boy! Looks like the party was a hit!!

RatalieNose said...

Oh T you are such a good aunt!!
Spoiling the children is the best!
What a handsome devil!

Heather said...

What a cute birthday! Once again you pulled it off with a theme. You are going to do great at your new calling.

I want one of the sugar cookies. They look yummy!

Ann Marie said...

Sugar cookies look scrumptious!
You always make everything perfect!

I love the picture of him with his friends.. so dang cute!

That birthday bucket is DARLING! I love it.. and am always amazed at your hosting skills!

~ Sorry I have been MIA with checking blogs.. I hope to stay current now! ((Hugs!)) XO ~ Ann

PS: Thanks for the shout out!