Friday, June 5, 2009

Hurt Feelings

Today, I needed my mom.

Ladies...it was a rough day. I SOoOo said that today would be a solid post with a story but today's "to do" list was a long one and then my next door neighbor who is 88 yrs. old and has known me my entire life-- decided today to drop the biggest cruel comment I've ever had in my entire life. TODAY! I wont go into the details but I'll just say this...my weight. That's what is was about. Now ladies, I am no skinny mini. I'm not even a skinny mini who says she's fat when shes really not. I am a good 40 + extra pounds over weight then what I need on this 5'2 body frame.

BUT, here within these last few years I have come into my own and I'm happy with the skin I'm in. Could I, should I, lose 25 pounds and be better off? SURE. But, I'm not going to beat myself while in the process.

But, I'm human and feelings can be hurt so badly when you cant say something nice. I realize that my neighbor is 88 yrs. old and she has no problem speaking her mind but telling someone point blank that she probably doesn't even fit into her own clothes can really hurt a girls self esteem {that wasn't all she said but its just too cruel to share} Especially when that "she" is on her period. It was already a rough day and that just made it worse.

I'm going to bed. So, the planned post is off.

PS. Ann---I know who the band KILLERS are! ! ! I LOVVVVEEE them! ! ! I've heard all those songs you mentioned on the radio before and have blared it but I guess just never caught the band name. My all time Fave is playing on my playlist! Now, I'm REALLYY jealous over your concert LOL