Friday, June 19, 2009

Carrie is Wise & Bridal Shower "Taste"

Today, I had the lovely pleasure of spending the afternoon with two of my favorite people.
One of them is sweet sixteen.
The other...She's the Elegant bride to be.
Hailey & Carrie.
My cousins.
It was a charming afternoon.
Talk of wedding and bridal showers plans.
Family Gossip.
Lunch.

Followed by a HILARIOUS movie, the Proposal. I HIGHLY enjoyed it and recommend it if you need a laugh. LOTS of it. Not to mention but lookin at the Reynold guy was umm..pretty dang nice too. Wink!

But, that's not what this post is about.
As your probably looking at the pictures first, I'll go ahead and give you a taste--I love that word-- of what Carries Bridal shower will look like. The top photo of Carrie is the one I put in all the invitations that went out for the bridal shower.
It was taken when they had their engagement session and the photographer did some fabulous shots of them alone. So, when I saw this one of Carrie...Well, I just couldn't resist not letting the world see it too.
The remain three are my small sneak peek pictures of my color scheme/design for the Bridal shower.
I've ordered lime green spider mums.
With accents of hot pink polka dot ribbon, Along with large tall vases filled with green limes.
As for the rest, all shall be revealed after the 27th!
I am one for details. Details to the extreme and I'm determined to make this as nice as I can for Carrie.
Now, scroll down for the "reason" for this post!





Tonight, as we were in the car, I was talking to Carrie about life decisions. Your dreams and plans. For me, at 23 years old the major events are starting to come up in ones life. The big one, like marriage and children----NO I NOT ENGAGED---And in one small sentence as we were driving along, Carrie says this statement I know I must have heard a thousand times but it just never really sunk in until to night.

She said "It's never going to be the right moment"
In other words you cant just sit along and wait for things to happen. Not, that I have been sitting along but I have not gone out and made things happen either. And I was saying "Well, its just never been the right moment." To which she said again "When is it ever really the right moment?" And WHAM...a light bulb came on and I thought...Wise...Carrie is wise. Make those moments. MAKE THOSE MOMENTS. Tonight she taught me a lesson about prayer too. Our Heavenly Father already knows our hearts and desires. Pray for things. Don't just think that its being self observant to ask. Let him "hear" from you as a son/daughter of God your hearts desires. Make it that moment. Say things in that moment. For you'll end of "waiting for the right moment" when you could move and act on the moment.

Wise. Carrie is Wise.