Sunday, June 7, 2009

A "Princess" Sunday



Today, was a better day. In fact, I cant tell you how sweet of a day it was.
Two weeks ago a Lady from my church asked me to take over her "little Princess" class--as she calls them--for two Sundays.
Today, was my last day and it was just SO sweet to be with these VERY--and I mean VERY--prissy little girls in church primary today.
I got to skip my YSA adult Sunday school class and here them sing and tell me all about their dresses and who was their best friends and just be within a precious child's mind for two hours today.
Heaven.

And SO much fun.
When we got to class for the lesson, they all asked me if they could take off their shoes! I thought, sure. Why not?
They all giggled and twirled and came right to order when I told them that it was time to be reverent and start with a prayer.
These little ladies are smart, let me tell ya!
I taught the lesson on the Holy Ghost and listening for him to help us with right & wrong so that we could enter into the temple someday. You know what they said about that?
They all giggled and said " SO WE CAN GET MARRIED!" I laughed so SO hard...Girlie's through and through.

Through the lesson I had to read the story about Abinadi and the wicked King Noah.
In which they all asked me if this story had a happy ending.
"Well.." I said "It does because we learn of how much faith Abinadi had and how the Holy ghost helped Alma learn the truth."
They payed attention. Answered questions and We ended by singing "I love to see the Temple" --my personal fave-- and prayer, needing no help from me!
We then had picture time! I just couldnt resist bringing my camera for this cute event today and next week I'm bringing them each their own copy.

Oh to be a child again with that childlike faith. Makes us learn more as an adult to see just how simple it is to recognizes the Lords spirit.