Friday, May 29, 2009

Love Affair

All week we have endured rain. Rain. Rain. Rain!
So, for a quickie post to see you through the weekend, I thought I would finally introduce to you my two current favorite loves.
Is this going to be one of those post where people could talk and say
"look at that! All that girl thinks about is her material things that makes her happy"
You know, like those nosy busy body neighbors I know every one has in there block!?!
So to answer, Why YES this is a material post in which it does make this girl happy.

It ain't no thang. Really. I just heart them.
That's all.
A few weeks ago when the lovely government graced me with a mighty nice refund check--don't ya just love that system?--This purse by GUESS had been singing to me a very seductive song of "you belong with me" for weeks.
Well, I just couldn't refuse.
Shes huge. Shes darling. And she screams summer lovin.


For the shoes.
Stella Gladiator Flats.

I cannot even Begin to tell you how long I have been having a love affair with this pair of shoes.
I remember that day ever so clearly. I walked into the Belk department store and was just minding my own business when I heard this gladiator chant.Instead of the roar "We will rock you" it went"YOU will rock me"

However, when I went to try them on and confirm that this love affair was heated, steamy and a perfect match for a summer fling...I then proceeded to have a heart attack when I saw the price tag.
$90 smackers.
And THAT was the discount price.
So, like a sad ending to a no happily ever after...I walked away.But, I was not about to go down without a fight. Every Friday when the sales would go up for the weekend, I would stop by and pray for a MAJOR discount miracle.
To sum this up...One night, that was not even a Friday, I stopped by the mall to just to have a shoe moment, when a sign was up that said 60 percent discount for a summer kickoff.

All shoes.

Ladies...this WAS a SHOE MIRACLE.

I swear there were shoe angels singing a heavenly hallelujah chorus as I rushed to the counter, asked for my size and whipped out that debit card like a speeding bullet.The end.

PS. UGH!!! I need a Tan! Also, Red is my current summer kick off color. Really.If ya cant tell.
PSS. New Moon trailer revealed on MTV awards Sunday! GO TWILIGHT! I'm excited. Really. If ya cant ...tell.