Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentines Day Story

After my last post I had put how I would be spending my Valentines day. I really wish I could tell you that it was really good and lovely and well…part of it was But I have created a new memory for Valentines Day…
I LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE CAR AT THE MOVIE THEATER!
Yes…that’s right folks…Yes I did! Go ME--

First, you know how you have plans for your days off when you have lots to do and how to get it done… Well apparently it was not meant to be my day! I woke up and the first thing on my agenda was to make cupcakes and decorate them.

---- If I may say so myself, I did a fabulous job!

They were so pretty but I didn’t take in how much time it would take so that put me way behind schedule. All I really wanted to do was to go get my nails painted
dark red for V-Day and show them off! That’s it! Something so small and wouldn’t have taken long at all, never got accomplished! I was so sad! I was behind schedule, needed to go take my nephew his gift. So I put on some old jeans, a hoodie and out the door I rushed to get this done! I didnt even have time to dress up!
My Poor nephew has strep throat and was so sick, he even had to miss his first Valentines day party at school!

Look at his little puffy eyes! He was so happy to get his spongebob balloon and spongebob candy I got him for his gift!
Then I drove all the way to where my Aunt was staying to take her her gift and by the time that got done, No time for nails!!!
This upset me--I never wear nail polish because A} Not accepted at work and B} They always chip and chipped nail polish looks so trashy! So I had figured that this was something I would pampered myself w/ and show off just for that day!
I finally arrived at my friends house and the plan was to go get tickets… Cause we were seeing Step Up 2 {Not as good as the first one but worth seeing} and then hurry an go get dinner then be back at the theater.
When we arrived at the movies it was packed! The ticket line was out in the streets and our movie wouldn’t be starting for 40 minutes but we knew w/ this line we might as well forget dinner and just stay inline. So I told Christy to hold our place while I went and got my coat and purse etc and locked up the car.


I opened the door, laid my keys down in the seat, put my coat on and grabbed my purse, hit the lock button and slammed the door! WITHOUT grabbing my keys!!! Oh I wanted to cry! So to make a LONG STORY shorter, we went an watched the movie then after called her sister who was on a date w/ her boyfriend who came and after 45 minutes in the cold w/ no dinner mind you…He got the door unlocked by sending a coat hanger under the window seal and unlocking the lock! Sounds kind of unbelievable I tell ya but he did and I was so grateful!
So There you have it, My new memory for Valentines Day!

1 Lovely FeedBack:

Unknown said...

I was led here by your (I guess future) post, from your V-day experience in 2009. I'm so sorry you locked your keys in the car!!! I've been through it and trust me, I feel your pain.