Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Decor 2010

this year, for my mantle and dinning room decor, i completely changed the look. it all started with seeing those stunning shades of dark brown and creams of christmas bulbs at target. darn that target! i just couldn't pass them up. and believe me, i trieeeed talking to myself out of it. i told me, that i already had tons of christmas mantle decor and my colors were set in stone. whelp. it didnt work! annnnd oh was i so happy it didnt because i fell. in. love. with my mantle.  pictures just don't do it justice (all taken by my phone-couldnt find my camera card) so from there, a trip to michaels and walmart  would complete the mantle.  i was so sad to take it down :( 
i wanted it completely simple with sparkles and crisp winter green feel with wood tones. 
the wreath in the center of the mirror was real.




For my dining room table, it all started when i saw a picture somewhere in the blog sphere of that Christmas red and sliver christmas bulbs. then, at the dollar store, i saw those two small sliver tree cones and everything from there just took off! target was sooo my friend this year and their dollar section of red and silver bulbs with sparkles were bought majorly! the center tree in red i had to make myself because i refused to pay 12 bucks for it at hobby lobby! I outsmarted them by buying a 3 dollar paper tree and a 3 dollar roll of the glittery red tinsel. went home and straight to the glue gun to save my self 6 bucks!
 i hope your christmas was as merry and bright as my christmas red bulbs! i just loved them.




4 Lovely FeedBack:

Ann Marie said...

Super cute! I love the Decor!

Miss Megan said...

My dear Miss Tierra. To put it simply, your taste is UTTERLY DIVINE DAHHHHLING!!! I hope you had a great Christmas! Loved the card/picture and package of candy, etc. Hopefully someday I can make it back there and we can go party at the Biltmore. Woot! :)

Jen Schultz said...

so pretty! i want a mantle (and its accompanying fireplace) so bad! you have an eye for style, girl! have you ever thought of becoming an interior decorator? i bet you'd be great at it. your gold trees reminded me of a craft I saw on marthastewart.com. check it out: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/magazine-christmas-trees. i was going to do it but never got around to it this year. maybe 2011's christmas will be less rushed... but probably not. lol

Heather said...

I love your mantel, beautiful!!