Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 {the year of simple kind acts}


in my life, back in those days of 13teen, i know what it feels like to be on the outside. to be the girl that no one really talks to. i know what it feels like to have someone say to your face, a fake how are you. i think we all go through those moments. those moments where your in a crowded room and yet no one, is really seeing you. speaking to you with sincerity.  i also know what it feels like to sit there and watch someone else go through that and yet there i sit making no move.

after christmas, as stated in the previous post, my thoughts somehow rushed to the new year. viewing it as a fresh, brilliantly clean new start. of course i thought about the usually of clean out this, clean out that sorta thing but also, my mind was reflecting on how right now, at 25, i feel very watched. watched by my own self on what i'm going to do with my life. i'm not married and from where i'm sitting the view isn't turning that way anytime soon. and thats okay. really. for this year, 2011, i gave a lot of thought to what i want to happen in this fresh new start.

it came to me to turn this all completely around. that i'm not going to focus on me. to be honest, i've had enough of me. what i truly want the most for 2011 is to take back all those times i set and made no move to reach out more to others who could have used a moment of pure kindness. a moment to be seen. i want people to know that i see them. that they matter. to let them know that this life see's them as beautiful.  and i in it as well. so, for this year, two thousand and eleven, i am declaring myself to doing sporadically simple acts of kindness. acts of kindness for no. pure. unnecessary. reason. at. all.

i've put together a list. a list of kind things. things that i hope will let the person know that i see them. and that i care. everyone is this life deserves to be cared for. some people i already have picked out. other moments and souls, i'm trusting in fate and heavenly father to lead the way. 

to 2011....the year of kind acts. my top ten.  
i will add more as the year goes by an update my blog to document that i did them.

1. make a large, fresh, fruit basket and give it away.
2. buy & take a "pretty" to someone.
3. send out "get to know us" cards with chocolate to my neighbors.
4. leave a large tip.
5. give away two pictures of Christ in nice frames and give to two non members.
6. fresh flowers in the spring to a friend.
7. send a favorite children book in the mail.
8. give a fresh bread & jam basket.
9. send a homemade stationary set to someone who lives far away.
10. take soup & fresh bread on a cold day.


life is beautiful. and i for one, want to make the most of it.

5 Lovely FeedBack:

Allie Adams said...

This is beautiful and an inspiration. Thank you for being you.

Amber F said...

Good for you Tierra. Much too often we do just get stuck in ourselves and forget that there are people out there who need us more than we need ourselves.

Heather said...

I love your idea! I look forward to reading about your experiences with it! Beautiful post!!

I too have been that girl that no one sees!

Jamie said...

Tierra,

Feel free to stop by my blog anytime! Thanks for the compliments and kind words. I love 'meeting' people via the blog.

In answer to your question, I got the pretzel recipe years ago from Family Fun magazine. Here is the link. http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/scrumptious-pretzels-687097/

Thanks again for stopping by!

Jamie

Miss Megan said...

I LOVE the photo...where did you find it?! And I like that all of your New Years Resolutions were "Pay-it forwards". Great idea! I may have to copy you...:)