Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentines Decor 2009

As promised, here are my simple, small but totally me Valentines Decor. For some reason, I have never been one of those single gloomy girls who cant stand Valentines. I have always enjoyed it. Single or not. Maybe it's the colors or the excuse to get MORE chocolate and get pink roses BUT...BUT...BUT.... this year...I admit it Ladies...its getting to me {head is hung in embarrassment} I know, "HOPE" my time will come. I *promise* I still, will be kickin the day up in my red high heels and I have an appointment to get my nails painted Dark Red. I choose to still have a fun day that day and share it with the ones I love the most. My family and my own personal stud, my nephew. So with that let me share with you my Decor of the ever so humble Crib of mine. Along with some of my FAVORITE love quotes {Did you know I collect quotes?}

"Love Sought is Good, But givn Unsought is better."
-Twelfth Night, Shakespeare

In the living room, I had the idea to make a banner. To my standards, not as good as I could have made it, if had the time, but I thought this was cute. Thanx Good Old Martha! States "Simply Love" to hang from my fireplace.


For the dining room table, I had bought these gorgeous frames from TJ macks and I knew I wanted old romantic "Kiss" pictures for Valentines Day to be displayed. Along with the awesome "diva" damask runner sewn by little me-with MAJOR help from Amber F., Love ya--Then I found these really cute red sparkly hearts and I knew I wanted three-Ann three-jars to display, with the hearts to hang down from. The jars are filled with the love to our souls, Chocolate!



"What a Woman really wants is a man with a wicked look in his eye for her and her alone. From the first moment he See's her, to the last. No matter how long that maybe."

-Anonymous & my personal favorite ! <3>

Here are the pictures up close that are in my picture frames.



For the kitchen, I was doing some late random shopping at the ever so wonderful Target and stumbled upon there adorable, girlie, cupcake cuteness things and I just had to have them in everything! I ADORE the color difference. Plus, those boxes gave me another excuse to buy more chocolate for hands reach LOL

Oh, and I'm a SUCKER for anything "towel" cuteness for every holiday...if you haven't notice.

"For as the sun is daily new and old, So is my love still telling what is told."

-Shakespeare. Love sonnet 76

Thank You all for all your comments & new friendships. Tune in tomorrow for my much planned post on the Eve of Valentines. As you can see, I'm sorta a Shakespeare, old Hollywood romantic with a to much passion for anything damask. Have a lovely Thursday, I'm off to spend the day at my nephews school for his kindergarten Valentines Party. The true stud muffin of my heart.

21 Lovely FeedBack:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with your blog and everything to do with the fact that I could have slept an extra hour because the animal shelter lady overslept and is going to be an hour late! Okay now your blog: When did you put up the banner on the hearth was it there and I totally missed it? Adorable decorations! Evil day! Shakespeare YAY! Okay I gotta go take my frustration out on someone else now. I'll talk to ya later k bye

blesse yet again not an actual word. Cheaters, I want my word!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Where the heck is the song? I was so looking forward to that this morning. *sigh*

Nancy Face said...

I LOVE this wonderful post...the quotes, the fabulous decor, EVERYTHING! :D

My very favorite of all? Your gorgeous banner! :)

Suzanne said...

Tierra,
I LOVED it all!! Are you my long lost cousin because everything you posted, I would have said myself. A romantic at heart, Shakespear, the whole shabang! Valentines Day is totally what you make it to be and you are doing a fantastic job. Your favorite quote, I think you have a new fan in the fan club! That was totally awesome! Hope you have a wonderful day with the stud muffin! -Suzanne

Heather said...

Very cute Valentine's decor. My favorites were the banner on the mantel. You did a great job! And the pictures of the romantic photos. I have always loved the picture of the Sailor kissing his love. You can see the passion in that picture.

I want to see you in your red heels and red finger nails. You are too cute.

Ann Marie said...

Yay! I swear, I don't know how you have the time you do to make banners and such.. But it is all darling-darling!

I bet you took the picture of the 3 and then changed it to 4 huh? J/k...

I love those black and white pictures in the frames.. So romantic..~ And even though I don't love black stuff, I adore those frames! Did you paint them, or where they like that?

Now.. Save some $$ to come out here.. Would ya? We need to meet you, and you need to see Utah for yourself! :)

Carrie and Sergei said...

Cute decorations my talented cousin!! Sooo what happened the other night?? You were supposed to come over and you didn't..LAME!! BTW aren't you proud that I am FINALLY commenting on your blog?? Well let me know next time you have a day off!

CB said...

You have some serious skills!
I really love your banner. It is just beautiful - really loving the black and red.

My favorite is the "kissing" pictures you put in the frames. I would have never thought to do that - so cute! I really love the classic sailor one that is a favorite of mine.

Happy Day!

Lisa said...

Darling as usual Tierra! I L.O.V.E. the banner, so stinkin' cute! I'm gonna have to copy and make me one. You did a great job on the table runner... I'm looking for fabric to make me one, or maybe even one for every holiday??? Happy V-day, work those red heels and polish and have a great day! XOXO~MOnica

{Mo} said...

Ok, the above comment from Lisa is actually from MONICA! Ooops :0 I forgot she was signed in on my computer!

TLC said...

Oh my holy rollor! Did my sweet cousin Carrie just post a comment on my blog??? LOL
I shall be down tomorrow!!!

Monica, thats quite alright! LOL
I just thought, ...well whose this cute new person! And it was the lovely fabulous you! No prob!


You all are to cute! If you only new how fast and not that good the banner really took/looks!

BELLE BLANC said...

Hi Tierra Lynne,
thank you for visiting me here in Germany ;0) Nice you found your way to my blog over Ann Maries fantastic blog! I love her, she is such a wonderful girl and I love all her posts... so I thought I have to go and see your place! Very charming! Love your Valentines Decor, especially the banner. Thank you so much for all your dear words and compliments you left while visiting. It's so sad that the United States are so far away from Europe. I would love to visit so many places there and I think you would love good old Europe too. So many Cultures close together. But who knows... maybe one day... wish you a great day, greetings, Mira!

{Mo} said...

Tierra~ Maybe this time I'll really be me?
Anyway, it's splitcoaststampers.com. Most of the cards are stamped, but you can replace stuff with cute papers. It's my favorite spot for inspiration! Good Luck... I can't wait to see them, you HAVE to share!

Shayla said...

Oh my holy freaking fabulousness!! That banner is too too cute & I must have one NOW ! I am falling on love with everything damask all over again, otvis so addicting & so easy to love! I hope you have a fantastic Valentines day qorkin those red heels gettin you nails did!!

Shayla said...

Hahaha... K no idea what 'otvis' and 'qorkin' are! I should try to type slower... Hahaha! Wow that was just full of mistakes, oh jeez!

Ann Marie said...

I found the frames and bought white ones! Whoo-hoo!

Have a great weekend at Leah's party, and the dance!
Happy Valentines Day!
Love ya, Ann

Me said...

I love all your decorations. I just posted the Sailor picture and a brief summary of it on my blog today. I promise I didn't steal it from yours! I told you-we have more in common then I thought.

Thanks for sharing!

Miss Megan said...

VERY cute decorations my dear! I must be the only putz on the planet who doesn't decorate for Valentine's Day. I did get your voicemail the other night, sorry I haven't had a chance to call you back. Life has been pretty crazy this week. Did you like the book? Shoot me an e-mail and let me know what you thought....

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Such an awesome post!!!! I am in love with all of your decorations!

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

I love your quote "What a Woman really wants is a man with a wicked look in his eye for her and her alone. From the first moment he See's her, to the last. No matter how long that maybe"

hmmm.. I agree, and I love your decor! My favorite thing currently about valentines day is helping my kids make their valentine cards, we use special scissors and stamps and markers... We did them all homemade this year - it reminds me of your banners, love that you share these peices of yourself!

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

what adorable decor, what awesome quotes! I love all the cupcake stuff.