Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dear Future Hubby: A Love Letter


Dear Future Hubby,
{Its late afternoon. My front door is open and the sun has just start to slowly set and its low in the sky. The rays are shining so brightly through my living room door, that I can see the dust shimmer in its setting. As I pause around my dining room French doors, I can see your shadow start across the floor and I pause to just take it in.

As I get to the door, your there, standing devilishly handsome and you smell of a quick shower with a touch of cologne. You smile, and the look upon your face, is the look of someone who fully sees me.

With a large bouquet of pink roses, you whisper…“I can’t believe this is all you asked for.” You take my hand. And it’s off to Dinner. Just a simple dinner at my favorite restaurant. It’s all about the moments of just talking and holding my hand with a promise of not to laugh or get bored through the chic flick you’ve just promised to sit through.
At the ticket line with your slight tease of “I can’t believe were seeing this” I say “You’ll LOVE it” with a very girlish mocking laugh. I’m in heels of course and I’m pausing to think “I’m finally that girl at the movies with her guy in line, looking old Hollywood couple great”

As the movie goes with a few roll of the eyes from you and my sighs of awe throughout the movie, its bliss.


To the end of the night you remember about the card you’ve got tucked in your jacket and take me to my favorite park. The moon is out and it’s lighting up the sky. We walk and for one soft moment love comes so peacefully, it means everything that it’s finally in its place. Knowing that cards mean the world to me, you pull it out with saying” ..And you thought I forgot…” It simple states, I’m here and I love you.”}

So, Dear future Hubby I want you to know….I’m here. Am I sad for today of not having that perfect moment? Sure. But what will this day hold? He’s in the form a sweet six yr. old little boy. He has my heart.

Then it’s in the eyes of a mothers love from my dear sweet aunt Carolyn.

The night will be surrounded by laughter of girlfriends who are always there. Love comes in so many ways to so many people. I just hope that someday…maybe soon…Love will come ….from you.
:: Tierra ::
:: Happy Valentines Day to my Wonderful Lovely Bloggers ::

9 Lovely FeedBack:

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

Tierra - *sigh*, I wish I could just find that man and slap him silly - say "comeon MR. don't you know Tierra is waiting for you? Hurry up!!"

You are such a beautiful soul, Such love, vitality, humor, and even in being "wishful for the hubby" you are so beautifully, wonderfully waiting...

Have a fantabulous valentines day! I pray your prince charming will hurry up and sweep you off your feet, so this can be your last daydream - and the rest can be reality. I love you Girl!
Debi

Ann Marie said...

What a perfect letter, and perfect pictures to go along with it..

Your dreams and desires will be answered one day my friend.. I know they will.. JUst stay the darling, sweet, spiritual, cute, fun girl that you are, and he will come.

You are surrounded by many wonderful people, and much fun today! Live it up and have a good day! I am exited to hear about last night! XO ~ Ann Marie

Shayla said...

Happy Valentine's day!!! You are beautiful & have a wonderful attitude! I love that you are hopeful, but still enjoying your life in the present! Have a great day! xoxo

Sondra said...

To a fellow single woman, it was a wonderful love letter the your future husband. I think of that often, what it will be like to find that loving, caring, romantic someone to feel the empty hollow in my heart one day. He has to be there somewhere - doesn't he? I sure hope so -- that one day both of us will find our one true love.

Happy Valentine's Day! May this year be the time you find an "Edward" - your soul mate - the one who will take good care of your heart - your eternal king - the love of your life...

It's nice to look forward to that wonderful day, when it will surely happen! Until then, know that you have many friends, blogging friends, family and a Father in Heaven who loves you dearly!

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Wow, Tierra, what an awesomely beautiful letter. I had tears in my eyes. I can't believe I've known you for so many years and I'm just now getting to know you!

When he finds you, and he reads these letters you wrote to him, just hang on to his hands tight so he doesn't slap him self too hard for taking so long to find you.

Love you! Happy Valentine's Day!

Heather said...

What a creative post for Valentine's day. Tierra you are so good at telling stories. You are a writer.

Do you mind if I link to your blog on any of my posts?

Suzanne said...

Keep the hope alive!! It will happen when it is suppose to! Great to see your positive attitude! -Suzanne

CB said...

I have been MIA with a housefull of kids so I am on catch up mode! I am TOTALLY loving your posts. This one is priceless.
You are such a cool woman and so beautiful I know that your Mr. Perfect is just out there. He is going to love reading this post someday!!

Nancy Face said...

This was just beautiful. I loved reading it. :)