Wednesday, February 18, 2009

For Heather & My first Award

Tonight, I was totally going to blog about some random boring hum drum thing but as I logged on tonight, I received the nicest thing EVER. My FIRST bloggy award! Now, I'm not about to go tooting my own horn here. Instead I want to totally toot, whoop and holla for some one very dear to me. I received my award from a fellow Utah sista from anotha mista, Heather.

I've known Heather for a few years now and I met her when she came out to visit her BFF Leah who just happens to be one of my BFFs. We met and through her visits, and now her blog, we have become so much closer. So Heather, this is for you!

{Please EXCUSE this picture of myself...I was slightly sick and yah...um no enlarging this pic, but for Heather I would do anything and I just happen to actually like this pic of us. The stud in my arms is Leah's little bubba, Noah--I heart Him--wink}

Today she celebrated her 100th post and instead of what I did "writing a letter to my getting lame, slow mover future hubby" or talked about her self as others have done...


She showed her true heart and self by giving awards to others. That right there, if you've never met her, all you need to know or understand is through that sincerely kind act. Putting or Sharing with others first before herself, is Heather. I love you Gal!

Thank You again for my first bloggy award.
I wouldn't have wanted it from anyone else! So Heather, even though on your 100th post you asked that we do the same and share the bloggy award to others...I decided to talk about YOU!
I figured, some of our new bloggy friends needed to be highlighted on why I, and so many, LOVE you dearie!

First, up...Oh and i totally didn't get your permission to use these pics-SORRY!!!--I hope to be forgiven--Cherie, you totally didn't just read that LOL Anywho, that picture right there shows what a great marriage Heather has. I Love hearing the stories of her & Kurt!

Did you know the woman can decorate a cake like no otha? I'm tellin ya, Heather has some skills with her magic decorator tips! For sure. To see more of her cakes, check her blog often, and she always post new cakes but to give you a "taste" see this post Here.

Just when I was already WAY impressed, I saw this on one of her post. When ever some one really close to her has a birthday, she draws them a picture! Check this out. She did this for her sister and I was in just awe.

But, the thing I love, admire, and respect the most is her love for her daughter and her whole giving to being a mother. That little redhead is one lucky little lady for having Heather as her mother.


Heather, Thank you for being my friend. And Thank you for sharing your 100th post to others.My circle of sisters in Heaven would not be a circle without You.

:: Happy 100th Post Heather ::

11 Lovely FeedBack:

Miss Megan said...

"Tierra and Heather sitting in a tree!" Just kidding, you know I love you both, and I am definitely feeling your totally platonic girly crushes too! It was a sweet tribute from both of you, and yes, Heather is the master cake decorator. I witnessed her "Twilight" cake first-hand and I have to say it was so cute I didn't want anyone to cut into it. Except maybe Edward of course! Happy 100 to Heather, and Happy Kreativ award to Tierra!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations to you both!! Heather is such a sweet woman! Very talented too! I really liked your tribute to her! Way to share the lovin! -Suzanne

CB said...

Love your post to Heather - Super sweet!

Ann Marie said...

Amen to everything you said!
I love you both!

Unknown said...

Ah, Heather is lucky to have a friend like you, too Tierra. What a beautiful post. :-)

Heather said...

I am speechless! That was so sweet! Thank you so much for your post and your friendship. I love you Tierra!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Heather said...

You made my day!! :)

Sondra said...

aaaahhh how fun was that! That was wonderful! What a great friend you are!

Me said...

That was such a neat post. I've met Heather a few times and she is such a nice, sweet person. And her cake decorating skills are AMAZING.

Nice tribute to her and congrats on your award.

Unknown said...

BTW, since I know you wanted to see my Japan pix and I'm not sure if you read the comment I wrote back on my blog, I posted all the pix on my Facebook, so go ahead and add me as a friend :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=18700931

P.S.) my word verification for this comment is "roticat," which for some inexplicable reason, made me lol. :P

Shayla said...

How sweet! YAY you've been awarded for you awesomeness... Tierra, you really are quickly becoming one of my favs & I always love your sweet comments!
Man, I just posted my 205th & I've never been awarded, hmmmm, I should take that hint.